• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Delta 1HP Single Stage DC $100 at Lowes

Just returned from local Lowes and noted they have marked down the Delta 50-720 1HP Single Stage Dust Collector from $179 to $100. They had 2 in boxes and 1 on display. Don't know if this was local only or not.
    Richard

See my later post. I believe this floor model with the $100 price was the AP400 instead of the 50-720. Thanks to Billfrommich for bringing this to my attention.
    Last edited by phrog; 05-17-2008, 12:04 PM. Reason: More Info
    Richard
  • docrowan
    • Mar 2007
    • New Albany, MS
    • BT3100

Anyone have one of these? I looked at the virtual tour on Delta's website - that's a heck of a DC for $100.00 on clearance. There's got to be a catch.
    - Chris.

Comment

• Roger Ronas
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2008

Anyone have a SKU #?

Comment

• KC7CN
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2007
        • Deltona, Florida
        • PowerMatic 64A

Originally posted by docrowan
        Anyone have one of these? I looked at the virtual tour on Delta's website - that's a heck of a DC for $100.00 on clearance. There's got to be a catch.
        Probably not! I bought the Delta 1-1/2HP 50-760 DC about a year ago on clearance for $147.00. I always go down the isles looking for the yellow clearance stickers! Every once in a while you can find a winner. $32.00 blades for my 13" Delta planer for $6.50, $35.00 hold-down clamp for my 10 Dewalt miter saw for $8.00. As for the front isle sales, don't waste you time; never found anything there.

The one I'm watching now is the 6" Delta Jointer. It's currently on clearance for $333.00, but I think they will lower it more before they sell what they have.

-Don

Comment

• billfrommich
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by phrog
          Just returned from local Lowes and noted they have marked down the Delta 50-720 1HP Single Stage Dust Collector from $179 to $100. They had 2 in boxes and 1 on display. Don't know if this was local only or not.
          Richard
          Can you confirm that it was the Delta 50-720 and not the Delta AP400? I believe that the 50-720 is a recent upgrade (with better impeller and filter bag) of the AP400.

Comment

• unknown poster
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by KC7CN
            Probably not! I bought the Delta 1-1/2HP 50-760 DC about a year ago on clearance for $147.00. I always go down the isles looking for the yellow clearance stickers! Every once in a while you can find a winner. $32.00 blades for my 13" Delta planer for $6.50, $35.00 hold-down clamp for my 10 Dewalt miter saw for $8.00. As for the front isle sales, don't waste you time; never found anything there.

The one I'm watching now is the 6" Delta Jointer. It's currently on clearance for $333.00, but I think they will lower it more before they sell what they have.

-Don

I do that too, every time I go to the BORG I take a quick look around for clearance items.

That 6" jointer is $203 around here, as low as $183 with a 10% off coupon from www.lowesmoving.com. There's a receipt posted elsewhere on this forum you can use to get a price match from your local Lowes manager. That machine is a beast, I had to get my neighbor to help me get the box out of my truck.

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by billfrommich
              Can you confirm that it was the Delta 50-720 and not the Delta AP400? I believe that the 50-720 is a recent upgrade (with better impeller and filter bag) of the AP400.
              The tag on the floor model had the $100 price. The floor model was sitting against two boxes and I assumed they were all the same since the three of them were isolated in the middle of the floor. The boxes had the 50-720 designation. After looking at the photos, I believe the floor model was the AP400. Guess this is a prime example of what happens when one "assumes." Sorry about the confusion and any disappointment this may have caused someone. I'll be more carefull next time.
              Richard
              Richard

Comment

• JimD
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Lexington, SC.

I have an AP400 and I like it. I have it hooked to several runs of 4 inch thin wall sewer pipe with gates at my RAS/CMS, BT3100, planner/jointer, Drill Press, and router table. It has adequate suction for all except the planner/jointer and it is still useful for that tool. It will handle the BT3100 and my RAS/CMS setup fairly well but usually I open only one gate at a time.

The original bags were pretty bad, however. I got pretty good bags from Highland hardware.

Jim

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
                  • Dec 2006
                  • hagerstown, md

feck.....my lowes never has anything on clearance...or if they do they do a bloody good job of hiding it
                  パトリック
                  daiku woodworking
                  ^deshi^
                  neoshed

Comment

• rcp612
                    Established Member
                    • May 2005
                    • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
                    • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by siliconbauhaus
                    feck.....my lowes never has anything on clearance...or if they do they do a bloody good job of hiding it
                    I got fed up with all the postings on this site about Lowes clearance's and confronted the Manager at my local store about why they never had any. His answer, "We're here to make a profit".
                    I'm a regular shopper at HD now.
                    Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

• unknown poster
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by rcp612
                      I got fed up with all the postings on this site about Lowes clearance's and confronted the Manager at my local store about why they never had any. His answer, "We're here to make a profit".
                      I'm a regular shopper at HD now.
                      I live nearby 4 Lowes stores. One of them never puts stuff on clearance and will not price match clearance prices at other stores, but the clearance items mysteriously dissapear soon after the rest of the stores are sold out. The manager probably has a very good reputation on ebay.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Montgomery, AL.
                        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Lowe's in Montgomery had 1 in the box next to the display. They now have the display.

I asked one person about the price. She checked the computer. It was showing non stock at 179.99. I was about to leave when I saw a floor manager. I asked him about the price, and told him that other stores were selling for $100. He asked if I would take it at that price, which I did. BTW: his name is Terrance, and was a great guy to deal with.

I was getting ready to get the one from HF, but this was too good of a deal. I know I will have to get better bags later, but this is a huge step up from what I've had.

Now, to keep the wife out of the shop for a few months...
                        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...