• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justaguy
    Established Member
    • Jun 2006
    • Chesapeake VA

Amazon deal on Bench Dog Promax Router System

Info about this deal was posted on another forum. I thought I'd share it here for the BT3 folks.

I ordered one! Between the sale price and the promotion discount this is a pretty good deal IMHO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V8YGM

The ProMAX Complete (40-087) stands alone as the only full-sized cast iron router table on the market.

The complete system includes:

The award winning 28" ProFence,
    ProMAX Cast Iron Router Table (40-031)
    Cast Iron End Cap (40-044)
    ProMAX Professional Cabinet (40-074)
    Porter Cable 7518
    4 Cab-Loc casters
    Two pair of Feather Loc feather boards

Item(s) Subtotal: $868.97
    Shipping & Handling: $292.46
    Super Saver Discount: -$292.46
    Promotion Applied: -$368.84
    -----
    Total Before Tax: $500.13
    Sales tax: $0.00
    -----
    Total for this Shipment: $500.13
    Last edited by justaguy; 05-16-2008, 11:45 AM. Reason: updated included items
  • Waddles
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2007

What promotional discount? I can't seem to find reference to one or the code.

Comment

• justaguy
      Established Member
      • Jun 2006
      • Chesapeake VA

The promotion was automatic but appears to have already ended. I was talking to a buddy who was trying to order and was getting a different price.

I went to Amazon and the package price has changed from $868.97 to $1338.84. The $368.84 promotion is still being applied but the new total is $970.00 with free super saver shipping.

I hope my order at the lower price is not killed.

Comment

• Waddles
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2007

Bummer Thanks for the heads up though!!

Comment

• herb fellows
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • New York City
          • bt3100

Am I missing something here? The number you mentioned, 40-087 (put that in the search box) is DOWN to $434, as far as I can see. The one they are showing is the fence, end cap, cabinet, casters, table and a pc router for $1300+

If you put in 40-087, it says something like no such # found, but then shows the package below underneath! The package that comes up doesn't have the router, the casters and the featherboards, it consists of:
          the table, the end cap, the cabinet and the fence. THIS PACKAGE is now listed as $434.65. IT IS NOT FREE SHIPPING, HOWEVER, ANOTHER $49.00. still, you're talking about less than $800 probably, after buying the router, casters, etc.

NOTE: The picture shows a fence, the manufacturer's description mentions a fence, but Amazon's description does not. Don't know if they just left it out in error or what,but I would hold their feet to the fire if they tried to send it without the fence.

So how much do casters, a couple of featherboards and a router cost? Not $900, that's for sure! Maybe $300 max?

If the other package is $999, you should be able to put the same package together for about $800.

This is item number: B000OR6UF8

I just noticed your original post that I got from my rss feed didn't mention the router etc. Are you sure you're getting all that in the package for $500?
          Last edited by herb fellows; 05-16-2008, 01:45 PM. Reason: incorrect
          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

I tried it earlier and the $364.84 promotion was if you added the one from Amazon rather than the ones shipping from the other sellers, but it did list it as $1338.84.
            Erik

Comment

• jgscott987
              Established Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Greensboro, NC, USA.
              • BT3100 +

Phew- that must be one hulluva router table!

Comment

• justaguy
                Established Member
                • Jun 2006
                • Chesapeake VA

For clarification:

The package at this link: http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V8YGM includes the table, cabinet, PC 7518 Router, casters, featherboards, and free shipping.

The price last night and this morning was:

-----

And now the price is:

Items: $1,338.84
                Super Saver Discount -$292.46
                Promotion Applied -$368.84
                Total Before Tax: $970.00
                Estimated Tax: $0.00

My order status is "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed". Waiting with crossed fingers...

Comment

• herb fellows
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • New York City
                  • bt3100

Originally posted by justaguy
                  For clarification:

The package at this link: http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V8YGM includes the table, cabinet, PC 7518 Router, casters, featherboards, and free shipping.

The price last night and this morning was:

-----

And now the price is:

Items: $1,338.84
                  Super Saver Discount -$292.46
                  Promotion Applied -$368.84
                  Total Before Tax: $970.00
                  Estimated Tax: $0.00

My order status is "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed". Waiting with crossed fingers...
                  Thd link in this post is broken, leads to a blank page for me??
                  You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• herb fellows
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • New York City
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by jgscott987
                    Phew- that must be one hulluva router table!
                    If you got this package for $500, you've got one heck of a deal! The table fence and casters alone are more than that, so they're throwing in a $300 router for free?!

Justaguy, best of luck, hope you get it. Their response to you looks promising.

Comment

• justaguy
                      Established Member
                      • Jun 2006
                      • Chesapeake VA

Corrected link

Corrected link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V8YGM

Comment

• pelligrini
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • Fort Worth, TX
                        • Craftsman 21829

I think this is what the deal is supposed to be. This is pasted from Amazon's deal pages;

Save an Extra 25% on the Bench Dog ProMAX
                        For a limited time, get the Bench Dog ProMAX complete router table system for just $999. That's a savings of over $300. This complete system will take your routing to the next level, offering a cast-iron top, a sturdy hardwood birch plywood cabinet, and an award-winning Bench Dog 28-inch Profence. Also included in this package are four Cab-Loc casters for mobility and leveling, a Porter-Cable 7518 router with fixed base, and two pairs of Bench Dog Feather-Loc double featherboards for a total of four featherboards.
                        Erik

Comment

• herb fellows
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • New York City
                          • bt3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
                          I think this is what the deal is supposed to be. This is pasted from Amazon's deal pages;

Save an Extra 25% on the Bench Dog ProMAX
                          For a limited time, get the Bench Dog ProMAX complete router table system for just $999. That's a savings of over $300. This complete system will take your routing to the next level, offering a cast-iron top, a sturdy hardwood birch plywood cabinet, and an award-winning Bench Dog 28-inch Profence. Also included in this package are four Cab-Loc casters for mobility and leveling, a Porter-Cable 7518 router with fixed base, and two pairs of Bench Dog Feather-Loc double featherboards for a total of four featherboards.
                          Yeah, that seems to be the current offer, although it's twice the price justaguy is getting.
                          It still looks cheaper to me to buy the other package at $434 and add on a router etc. You don't have to go for that pc router either, so you could make it a bit more reasonable. I personally have the BD benchtop router, But if i'd been able to get this package at $500, I would have jumped on it.

Comment

• profx
                            Established Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • Twin Cites, MN

I wish more could have gotten in on this deal. See my original thread here. I bought 2. Amazon dropped the price down on this but did not remove the automatic discount, hence the $500 price.

Don't be too dissapointed, though. If you wait Amazon has had good deals on the individual components before:

Bench Dog 40-031 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table/Table Saw Extension - $168 after stacked promos
                            Bench Dog 40-074 ProMAX Router Table Cabinet Base - $193 after stacked promos
                            Last edited by profx; 05-16-2008, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...