• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justaguy
    Established Member
    • Jun 2006
    • Chesapeake VA

HF Sale 4/1 - 4/21 Mortiser $100 Spindle Sander $90

I Just got the new HF sale flier and the mortiser is on page 7 for $99.99 and the oscillating spindle sander is on Page 8 for $89.99.

Happy shopping
  • garymuto
    Established Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Encinitas, CA
    • Delta Cabinet Saw

Currently there is a 15% coupon. I have the benchtop mortiser and so far I like it. For $85 you get a decent machine. It has the same issues as the lower cost Delta and Jet models... fence isn't stiff enough, the handle is weak, stop collar is also weak. You would have to spend at least $250 to get a better mortiser.
    It also comes with a additional shaft and chuck to use it as a drill press.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

The HF mortiser is an outstanding value for the money, if you rig a better fence and hold-down clamp. Unless you're gonna use it every day, it's the one to have, and I don't usually say that about HF tools. I also had the spindle sander, but was not as happy with it, so gave it away and upgraded.

Comment

• justaguy
        Established Member
        • Jun 2006
        • Chesapeake VA

Unfortunately, I don't have a 15% off coupon but I may go pickup a mortiser anyway.

Comment

• bfrikken
          • Apr 2005
          • Michigan, USA.
          • BT-3100

is there a link for the 15%?

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

Originally posted by bfrikken
            is there a link for the 15%?
            The flyer can be found online at the harborfreightusa.com site, but it doesn't have the coupon. I would post a scan, but I have already used mine. Perhaps someone else will.

However... Some HF's are getting picky about accepting anything but the original coup cut out of the ad... YMMV

Comment

• vanguard
              Established Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Brighton, MI, USA.
              • Ridgid TS2400SL

Another place you might check for a coupon is your Entertainment book, if you have one. I was given one recently by a friend after I fixed his computer. It had three coupons in it - $5 off $25 or more, 10% off your entire order and 15% off a single item.

Comment

• phrog
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                The HF mortiser is an outstanding value for the money, if you rig a better fence and hold-down clamp. Unless you're gonna use it every day, it's the one to have, and I don't usually say that about HF tools. I also had the spindle sander, but was not as happy with it, so gave it away and upgraded.
                What did you not like about the spindle sander? Anyone else have issues with it? I was headed tomorrow to buy one and wonder if I should change my plan. Thanks.
                Richard
                Richard

Comment

Working...