X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanP

Jet - 12-Inch Dovetail Jig $29.99

Hi All,

Just found this item at Performance Toll Center in Pontiac, Mi. that you may be interested in:

http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/709060.html

I stopped into their showroom this evening (was in Pontiac for work) & it was a wonderworld of tools - much more than I can spend. They also have a Jet Table Saw at an incredible price, but there are none left in stock.

Thank you to all who have posted deals in the past! Hopefully this contributes a bit.

Dan
  • herb fellows
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • New York City
    • bt3100

Originally posted by DanP
    Hi All,

Just found this item at Performance Toll Center in Pontiac, Mi. that you may be interested in:

http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/709060.html

I stopped into their showroom this evening (was in Pontiac for work) & it was a wonderworld of tools - much more than I can spend. They also have a Jet Table Saw at an incredible price, but there are none left in stock.

Thank you to all who have posted deals in the past! Hopefully this contributes a bit.

Dan
    It's certainly a great price, the Amazon reviews are less than spectacular. If you're a 'throw away the manual' kind of guy, this might be your thing, because most of the reviews say to throw away the manual!

Good lookin' out, though!
    You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Not surprized about the Jet saw - is that right $399? No wonder they have none in stock. I wonder if they ever had any at that price?
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• jackellis
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

This looks a lot like the HF dovetail jig that's regularly on sale for $29.99. PITA to set up but I have cut halfway decent blind dovetails with it.

Comment

• JJO
          Established Member
          • Jul 2004
          • Illinois, USA.

Looks like the HF jig or the Rockler w the extra features.... They are difficult to set up but do OK afterward on 1/2 blind only. No throughs.
          jerry

Comment

• garymuto
            Established Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Encinitas, CA
            • Delta Cabinet Saw

PLT is a great tool store. I was surprised to see this local store on this site. They regularly beat Amazon deals so I suspect that they did have the Jet saws in stock and may get more. THere was a sale last fall with manufacturer's reps where the 6% sales tax was taken from the price, it will likely happen this December as well.
            For some tools I am able to do as well or better at Rockler when on sale so I support them. For general tools and supplies PLT is hard ot beat.

Comment

Working...