X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greglwood
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2007

All-In-One Straight Edge Clamp Package

The company that makes the AIO clamps has a small website that sells the clamps in a package at a great price. The website is a little crude in that you can't check the status of your order,etc but I order the ripping package before I realized that. I did receive them in about a week and a half.

Its a great deal compared to the price of them individually.

http://www.aiotools.com

I love these straight edge clamps and with the router and saw plates, cutting large sheets are a breeze now.

Greg
    Last edited by greglwood; 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
  • bluzcat
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2003
    • Gosport, IN, USA.
    • BT-3100 & Jet Cabinet Saw

That ripping package seems like the best deal of the three. 5 clamps and 5 accessories for $250 compared the contractor ripping package of 3 clamps and 3 accessories. I have a 50" version that I bought at Lowes and I use it all the time to cut sheet goods.
    \"He who dies with the most clamps, WINS!\"

Comment

• tedkitch
      • Jul 2006
      • NE Suburbs, Chicago
      • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

I have one A series and one T series with the saw and router attachments. I really like them and they help considerably for all kinds of projects. I really used to hate ripping 4x8 sheets to size and now it has become a very simple thing to do.

I highly recommend them.
      Ted Kitch

Comment

• Bushmaster
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2007
        • Bellevue, Nebraska
        • Older Craftsman

Not a good deal

Last year I got the 4 clamp package (all but the 99") from amazon for $79. The 99" is routinely on sale for $80-100. You should be able to pick all these up for well under $200. Now, having said that, they work great, and I would highly recommend them.

Comment

• dkerfoot
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Holland, Michigan
          • Craftsman 21829

I have one of these. The problem I see with them is that the cut line for whatever tool you are using is always offset from the clamp itself. Lots of measuring, adjusting and opportunity for errors. I haven't used mine in about 2 years.

I much prefer my home-made sawboard because I can simply align the edge directly to the cut line and go. It is similar to these:

http://members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm

http://benchnotes.com/Skillsaw%20Gui..._guide_boa.htm

I suggest attaching whatever you use as the top guide strip down the center of a wider base. Then, cut it on one side according to the directions with your circular saw and run your favorite dado bit down the other side using your router.

This is by far my favorite jig ever.
          Doug Kerfoot
          "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
          "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
          KeyLlama.com

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

Originally posted by dkerfoot
            I have one of these. The problem I see with them is that the cut line for whatever tool you are using is always offset from the clamp itself. Lots of measuring, adjusting and opportunity for errors. I haven't used mine in about 2 years.

I much prefer my home-made sawboard because I can simply align the edge directly to the cut line and go. It is similar to these:

http://members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm

http://benchnotes.com/Skillsaw%20Gui..._guide_boa.htm

I suggest attaching whatever you use as the top guide strip down the center of a wider base. Then, cut it on one side according to the directions with your circular saw and run your favorite dado bit down the other side using your router.

This is by far my favorite jig ever.
            I use these home made guides as well. They are easy to make. Most of mine do double duty. One side of the fence is cut for the CS the other for a specific router bit e.g. 3/4 st for dados. I really like this approach. setup is dead simple and the cost is great as its all made from scrap.

I have looked at the various edge guide systems as we all are tempted by new shiny tools but I can really justify when the home made jigs work perfectly.
            Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
            techzibits.com

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

The aiotools.com link is dead ending.
              Last edited by herb fellows; 05-08-2008, 03:58 PM. Reason: wrong
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• iceman61
                • Oct 2007
                • West TN
                • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by herb fellows
                The aiotools.com link is dead ending.
                Try this link:
                http://www.eemersontool.com/Home.html

For what it's worth, the 99" is better being purchased from Amazon due to free shipping. Shipping on anything that length or longer drives the price up significately. That was straight from one of their salesmen. (E.Emerson sales)
                Last edited by iceman61; 05-09-2008, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• 91FE
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Originally posted by iceman61
                  Try this link:
                  http://www.eemersontool.com/Home.html

For what it's worth, the 99" is better being purchased from Amazon ...
                  I recently bought the 50" version, saw plate, router plate and wide jaws from Amazon for my current kitchen countertop project. These things are great!

One problem though... I think UPS slammed the 50" straight edge in their truck door, as it showed up on my doorstep all kinds of bent. This was on a Wednesday and I had planned on making a lot of saw dust on Saturday. Anybody ever try to CALL Amazon? Good luck finding a phone number that gets you to a human on their website. I Googled it and came across a blog written by some other pissed off customer that posted their number along with a bunch of other similar retailers (netflix, overstock, etc.). Long story short... I ended up calling India and convinced the guy to overnight me a replacement. He was cool, I was happy, and my project got off the ground as planned.
                  I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

• Uncle Hook
                    Established Member
                    • Apr 2005
                    • Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, USA.

Originally posted by 91FE
                    Anybody ever try to CALL Amazon? Good luck finding a phone number that gets you to a human on their website.
                    Amazon sends an email with a link to check on the status of a purchase order. If I remember correctly they provide a way to access customer service via the order status link. Amazon has a neat form where you key in your phone number and someone (possibly from India?) calls you back within a few minutes. My Amazon customer service experience was very good.

Comment

• Stormbringer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Floral Park, NY
                      • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by Uncle Hook
                      Amazon has a neat form where you key in your phone number and someone (possibly from India?) calls you back within a few minutes.
                      I've used this service several times. Your phone literally rings after you hit "Enter" I was shocked.

Comment

• 91FE
                        Established Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Originally posted by Uncle Hook
                        Amazon sends an email with a link to check on the status of a purchase order. If I remember correctly they provide a way to access customer service via the order status link. Amazon has a neat form where you key in your phone number and someone (possibly from India?) calls you back within a few minutes. My Amazon customer service experience was very good.
                        I didn't see that option, although it sounds interesting. My problem was complicated by my schedule. I could have gone through their automatic return/exchange thing... but they would have sent the replacement via the same shipping method as the original (in this case free super-saver). It wouldn't have come in time and I would have been screwed.

In the end... I was totally happy with how they fixed the situation. I was only annoyed with the effort it took to get someone on the phone.
                        I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

• profx
                          Established Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • Twin Cites, MN

Originally posted by 91FE
                          Anybody ever try to CALL Amazon? Good luck finding a phone number that gets you to a human on their website.
                          Amazon's CS is the best I've ever experienced. I like the form where they will immediately call you, but thier direct number is 1-800-201-7575 if you have need of it. Both will get you to the same CS reps. The odds are 50/50 you'll get somebody in the US vs. overseas in my experience.

Comment

• herb fellows
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • New York City
                            • bt3100

Originally posted by profx
                            Amazon's CS is the best I've ever experienced. I like the form where they will immediately call you, but thier direct number is 1-800-201-7575 if you have need of it. Both will get you to the same CS reps. The odds are 50/50 you'll get somebody in the US vs. overseas in my experience.
                            50-50??? YOU WILD CRAZY OPTIMIST!
                            Actually, I got the same person twice, really weird! She had an accent like something out of the movie Fargo, only harder to understand. Very nice, just difficult to understand.
                            You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• profx
                              Established Member
                              • Apr 2007
                              • Twin Cites, MN

Well I'm from MN. Are you sure she had an accent?

Comment

Working...