Craftsman saw for parts

Just saw this on ebay...omly 3 hours left
    http://cgi.ebay.com/10-craftsman-tab...QQcmdZViewItem
    Needs to be picked up in PA
  • mashtun
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2007

Craftsman saw for parts

I have one of those saws, and to be honest, If it cost you $40 for a new motor, then that would be $40 down the drain.

The miter guage bar does not fit the slot. The slot is a weird T slot thing, so you can't buy an aftermarktet Miter Guage.

The best I could get doing a crosscut with the guage was about 1/16 off over about a foot.

It's so bad I wouldn't even give you mine, and it works!

John

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

The last price I saw was ~ $10 for it. The saw may not be very good, but the mobile base is probably worth $20, the fence, miter gauge, blade guard, handwheels, and motor all have some parts value too.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• 91FE
        Established Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Yea... I couldn't resist. I followed the link to find the auction ended in ~45 seconds. The clincher was that my office is in the same town as the pick-up location. What the he11... it was only $11.50. I'll either get it running and give it to a friend, or part it out on the bay.

I'll save my thanks for the head's-up until after I find out exactly what I've gotten myself into
        I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by 91FE
          Yea... I couldn't resist. I followed the link to find the auction ended in ~45 seconds. The clincher was that my office is in the same town as the pick-up location. What the he11... it was only $11.50. I'll either get it running and give it to a friend, or part it out on the bay.

I'll save my thanks for the head's-up until after I find out exactly what I've gotten myself into
          Keep us posted on your progress....you've got me curious now!
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...