Sears Benchtop Drill Press $89.99

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iceman61
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 699
    • West TN
    • Bosch 4100-09

    #1

    Sears Benchtop Drill Press $89.99

    I ran across this today while doing some tool searching. $89.99 seems like a decent price for a benchtop model.

    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...rd=drill+press
    Attached Files
    Last edited by iceman61; 03-05-2008, 11:00 AM.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 3196
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

    #2
    That is a good price but I am hokding out hoping I can get a deal on a 12" DP. I just know that if I bought a 10" the first job I try to use it for will need more......
    Jon

    Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
    ________________________________

    We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

    Comment

    • Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • 6021
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

      #3
      I have that model. It's worth the money, as long as you understand what you're buying. It comes on sale 3 or 4 times a year. If you need something bigger, save your pennies for a while. I'm happy with mine.

      Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

      For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

      Comment

      • Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • 3815
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

        #4
        Originally posted by poolhound
        That is a good price but I am holding out hoping I can get a deal on a 12" DP. I just know that if I bought a 10" the first job I try to use it for will need more......
        Jon - I was looking at the CMan 12" too, but just came home with the 13" Central Machinery DP from Harbor Freight (38142) for ~ $144....it's on sale at the HF store for $160, plus I had a 10% coupon which I believe I printed from this site. I wasn't expecting top performance, but the alleged 3/4hp motor has a ton more power than the alleged 1/2hp on my 8" Grizzly DP, and it runs much smoother...surprisingly smooth even with the stock belts. Who knows what the actual horsepower is, but it seems to be up to the task. No laser on the HF like the CMan has, but it's looking to be a nice step up from my smaller Griz. Time will tell about the quality, but thought I'd at least pass on my initial observations. It's bigger than the pic might suggest, which may even pose a problem for me. - 38142
        Last edited by Knottscott; 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

        Comment

        • sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • 2873
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

          #5
          For the same money, this one from Harbor Freight is a better choice in my opinion. The 12 speed settings versus the 5 on the Craftsman makes the HF more desirable. The laser is just a gimick as far as I'm concerned as it would be useless if you've got a forstner bit of any significant diameter loaded in the drill press.
          _________________________
          "Have a Great Day, unless you've made other plans"

          Comment

          Working...