Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2005
    • Chesapeake, VA.

Weekend sale on Makita at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s?%5Fencoding=...FWG03BQT2HME6B
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003

Apparently, this is not limited to just the 8 items that the link gives you. For example, the Makita BMR100 Lithium-Ion Jobsite Radio now $52.32.

Comment

• GrantV
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2007
      • Orange County, California

that radio is worthless without a jack for an ipod, you can buy cheaper radios at walmart with ipod jacks.

the best deal might be http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LXT407-...dp/B000V2JAI0/ but for me that drill is all they pack in the large li-ion combos.

I'd rather have a non-hammer like the http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...det&tag=BDF451 which has a 100lbs more torque. If they had this drill with that kit I'd probably bite.

another good deal is the http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B000ASE2YM/ I have these 14.4 tools and they are good. And that is a good price for them (65% off at $149).
      [[[ Edit: back to $219 now ]]]
      Last edited by GrantV; 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• MBG
        • Apr 2003
        • Chicago, Illinois.
        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by GrantV
        that radio is worthless without a jack for an ipod, you can buy cheaper radios at walmart with ipod jacks.
        The white one with the "w" at the end of the model does - it's $59 and these can be powered by Makita batteries.

Comment

• final_t
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003

I had only thrown that one out there because it wasn't listed in the eight items, and was the quickest thing I thought of. The biggest thing about that radio that would keep me from getting it is that it doesn't charge the battery.
          I guess I can be accused of a thread derail now :{

Comment

• GrantV
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2007

I saw someone using one at work and it did not have the ipod jack (it was green though) so I just assumed that they all did not, my bad. I do find it funny that the green one does not have one (green color usually being the more expensive lxt stuff) but the white one does have the mp3 jack and is an lxt item.

Comment

• MBG
              • Apr 2003
              • Chicago, Illinois.
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by GrantV
              I saw someone using one at work and it did not have the ipod jack (it was green though) so I just assumed that they all did not, my bad. I do find it funny that the green one does not have one (green color usually being the more expensive lxt stuff) but the white one does have the mp3 jack and is an lxt item.
              I agree with you and many others: 1) big mistake to not have an input jack. 2) doesn't charge batteries.

Now why didn't they correct both problems on the new one (if they did I would get one)???

Comment

• jtrcy
                Established Member
                • Jan 2005

Who cares if it'll charge batteries? It'd have to be a lot bigger to do so, and probably would suck at reception if it did.

My Bosch will charge batteries, but doesn't do that great a job doing so, and it's quite a bit bigger.

What's with the white color though - stupid! That thing would start to look like crap very soon on a jobsite.

JT

Comment

• GrantV
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2007

just got my http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B000ASE2YM/. I needed some batteries and when I saw this deal I could not pass it up. I already have a drill and impact and regular flashlight. But this is a killer deal for $149. The drill has a better jacobs chuck than my current one, it is not the one shown in the picture at amazon And the florescent light is nice and is gunna come in handy. Yeah I know everyone is going li-ion but these are great tools. I'm gunna wait a bit for the tech to settle in and use out what I have since all my different batteries fit the same chargers. Also I might part some of this out on ebay. Chargers seem to sell alot there and I've already got all I need. I might just sell my old drill too
                  Last edited by GrantV; 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...