• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcommushroom
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • MA.

craftman worm gear circ saws on closeout $89

A sears near me seems to be closing out their craftsman brand worm gear circular saws. These are model 9-2761. They are made by Skil for Craftsman and seem to be clones of the classic 77 worm gear saws.

I saw them on closeout for $89. Managed to talk the guy down only $9 to $80- you can probably do better. The one I picked up was the red craftsman professional sort but there are black ones also - not sure if there is a difference.

This was at the Natick, MA store. The display model (black) was still there when I left.

The Freud box joint blades also were in the closeout section for $59, which I thought was the original price. Maybe not.

Brian
  • rnelson0
    Established Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
    • Firestorm FS2500TS

The Freud box joint blades also were in the closeout section for $59, which I thought was the original price. Maybe not.
    In my local sears last night, that blade was going for $99.

Comment

• profx
      Established Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Twin Cites, MN

FYI, the Freud box joint blades are available for $60 through Amazon after a current 25% promotional code. No tax, free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-SBOX8-Cu.../dp/B000ASGV1E

Comment

• MBG
        • Apr 2003
        • Chicago, Illinois.
        • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the tip, but, my Sears had it for something like $169. So I had to settle for a Skill Mag 77 for $59 on clearance (open box).

Comment

• 91FE
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Originally posted by MBG
          Thanks for the tip, but, my Sears had it for something like $169. So I had to settle for a Skill Mag 77 for $59 on clearance (open box).
          Heck of a deal on a workhorse of a saw. Aside from the weight...I love mine.
          I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

Working...