• Show
Clear All
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Delta 40 and 60 tooth TS blades Clearance at Lowes

I was at a local Lowes looking for deals on the Bosch router bits (no dice), and saw that they had the 40 tooth TS blades on sale for $20, and the 60 tooth blades on sale for $25. They also had their Kobalt 7 1/4" 24 tooth circular saw blade on sale for $3.

I just bought a WWII using the 50% off coupon at Rockler, but a week or two before that, one of the guys I trust at that store was raving about the Delta blades when they were on sale for $35-$40... He said that they weren't quite as good as the WWII, but for the price it was the best blade he had.

I picked up the 40 tooth one, but held off on the 60 tooth one since I just bought a Freud negative hook angle blade for my RAS, and don't expect to do all that much cross cutting on my TS.

Hope this helps some people.
  • jtrcy
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005

Those delta's are merely rebadged Dewalt made in the UK blades. Very highly regarded and have massive teeth.

They are somewhere between the older Series 40 and Series 60 woodworking blades. Dewalt has discontinued all of their ww blades.

They were a great price at $35-45, but for $20-25 - that's a steal.

JT

Comment

• bluzcat
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2003
      • Gosport, IN, USA.
      • BT-3100 & Jet Cabinet Saw

I picked up two 40 tooth and one 60 tooth Delta blades at Lowes for $20 each. Had to return the 60, it was missing a tooth. I have one of the 40's in my saw right now, and I'm impressed. Even at the regular price ($40), seems like a quality blade to me.
      \"He who dies with the most clamps, WINS!\"

Comment

• FEDSAWDAVE
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2008
        • Tampa Bay, Fl.

Sorry guys, a $40.00 blade from Delta (at 60T if I had that correctly) is not a good deal. It is a blade that more that likely on the manufacture level cost them about $3.50 to make in China and is low grade carbide, low grade plate steel and very inferior welds.
        IMO.

www.federalsaw.com

BTW, We are Delta/Porter-Cable/Dewalt distributors.
        WWW.FEDERALSAW.COM

Comment

• Red88chevy
          Established Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Midland, Texas.

Thanks BigGuy! Picked up one of the 40T blades for $20, packaging says made in UK.
          60T blade "marked down" to $45 so I passed on that one.

Comment

• jtrcy
            Established Member
            • Jan 2005

They are exact clones of the Dewalt 76XX series blades made in the UK.

Just because they are cheap at Lowes doesn't make em China crap.

All the Bessy $80 fences folks picked up at Lowes weren't made in China either...

Julian

Comment

• Knottscott
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Rochester, NY.
              • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by FEDSAWDAVE
              Sorry guys, a $40.00 blade from Delta (at 60T if I had that correctly) is not a good deal. It is a blade that more that likely on the manufacture level cost them about $3.50 to make in China and is low grade carbide, low grade plate steel and very inferior welds.
              IMO.

www.federalsaw.com

BTW, We are Delta/Porter-Cable/Dewalt distributors.
              These are the Delta 35-7657 and 35-7646, made in the UK....the former DW7657 is the 40T combo that Wood compared favorable to the WWII.
              Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by Red88chevy
                Thanks BigGuy! Picked up one of the 40T blades for $20, packaging says made in UK.
                60T blade "marked down" to $45 so I passed on that one.
                No problem. The 60T I saw was down to $25 when I saw, did you double check and have them scan the item? It may just not have been labeled to the clearance price...

Comment

• Red88chevy
                  Established Member
                  • Sep 2004
                  • Midland, Texas.

Good idea, I may go back and have them scan a 60T. There was a stack of 60T on a shelf with a yellow clearance price, which looked to be only $4 off the regular price. I did have them scan the 40T because they didn't have a price on them and was very surprised that
                  my local Lowes actually had a bargain!

Comment

• fastfoodkills
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Saugus, CA
                    • BT3000 bought in Y2K; Replaced w/ Steel City cast iron 3 HP

Delta Saw Blade

Thanks a million for the Delta bargain alert. I was able to score the 40T one at a nearby Lowes in Northridge, CA. They had a few left, but no 60T's on hand. The young lady working the tool crib knocked another 25% off since it was a non-stock item which dropped the price to $16 bucks. She also mentioned that once an item goes into a non-stock status, they have a certain amount of flexibility to slash the prices so it can't hurt to ask in the future.

As a woodworker noob I have a question for our more experienced members:

I've got some red oak in 7/4 x 36" x 8" and need to rip it down to 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 support beams for a Harbor Freight Tool base for a jointer and was wondering if the Ryobi 24T Blade would be the best choice (as opposed to the 40T Delta or an old 36T Ridgid Combo). I thought someone had posted that the Ryobi 24T blade is actually a decent blade, made by Freud. It's the first time I've attempted to rip Oak on this saw, so I wanted to get some opinions here first.

Best Regards,

Tom Naylor

Saugus, CA

Comment

• kirkroy
                      Established Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • Brunswick, MD

My local lowe's has the 40t at $39.95!!! They suck!

Comment

• fastfoodkills
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Saugus, CA

Kirkroy,

Any chance the manager would budge on the price? Based upon the posts I'm seeing in this thread, it seems that the product is discontinued. Another possibility: maybe the Northridge, CA store can ship it to you?

It's interesting how their pricing seems to vary from store to store or region to region.

Hope you can work a deal with them.

Tom N.

Comment

• Knottscott
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Rochester, NY.
                          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by fastfoodkills
                          I've got some red oak in 7/4 x 36" x 8" and need to rip it down to 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 support beams for a Harbor Freight Tool base for a jointer and was wondering if the Ryobi 24T Blade would be the best choice (as opposed to the 40T Delta or an old 36T Ridgid Combo). I thought someone had posted that the Ryobi 24T blade is actually a decent blade, made by Freud. It's the first time I've attempted to rip Oak on this saw, so I wanted to get some opinions here first.

Best Regards,

Tom Naylor

Saugus, CA
                          Hey Tom - Freud used to make the 36T stock blade on earlier BT3's, but I'm unaware that they also made the 24T Ryobi blade....any of the other Ryobi blades I've seen haven't been quite in that league, but the 24T may still be the best choice for the task if it's sharp. Try it and see...if it gives decent results, great. If not, you could give the 40T Delta a whirl, but that's pretty thick for that blade. If neither are getting the job done well, consider a 24T Freud, DW "PT" series, or other decent 24T TK blade.
                          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• fastfoodkills
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Saugus, CA

Hello Dustmight,

You're right about the blade being a 36T. I had a good chat with Mark in this evening's chat session earlier and he noted that as well. I will have a look for a 24T blade tomorrow. Thanks for responding and the Freud recommendation - hopefully will find a good sale on an American or European made 24T.

Regards,

Tom Naylor

Comment

• jtrcy
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2005

Have them scanned - my Lowes shows them priced at the higher prices - but they ring up at the lower prices.

JT

Comment

Working...