• Show
Clear All
  • backpacker85
    Established Member
    • Sep 2006
    • Dickson, TN
    • BT3100-1

Ryobi DP - WDP1850 $75

Alright.....I've been looking & waiting for one of these for quite a while, and today I see one for sale.

It's used and being sold as surplus, but the additional $75-$125 shipping (along with the fact that I'm in the middle of dealing for the $210 Hitachi SCMS) takes me out of the running.

So, if anyone in the Louisville, KY area is interested, it's available at $75 for pick-up. Look on TinyTimber.com for more details (and a couple other deals).

If the SCMS deal falls through, and this is still available Monday, I may have to make a road trip, but I thought I'd offer it up until then.
    Ken W.
    • Jan 2006
    • Lexington, KY, USA.

Ken- Since you did not post back, I assumed you were not interested in the DP. I went and looked at it today- was headed up I-65 anyway. It is in pretty good shape, dirty and normal wear and tear. It is missing the depth stop bolt/nuts and the ring that holds it to the quill. I went ahead and bought it- hopefully I can get the depth stop parts from Ryobi or find something else that would work. Not sure on parts availability on this model. They would not budge off the $75 price, but seems like a decent drill press (my first!).

Thanks for the head's up, and I hope I didn't scoop you--
    Dave

Comment

• backpacker85
      Established Member
      • Sep 2006
      • Dickson, TN
      • BT3100-1

Dave-

No problem at all. As much as I'm looking for one, I wasn't ready for a 7 or 8 hour round trip drive, and was hoping someone on here could grab that one.

I know a couple people on this forum have (or had) that DP, and have read good things about it. I'm glad it worked out for you & hope you have good luck with it. As far as parts, I've seen various parts for it at different sites on the web. Probably easier to find some of the parts than the whole machine.

But I know I'll run across another one a little closer...
      Ken W.

Comment

• geopilot
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Lexington, KY, USA.

Ken-
        It did come with an owner's manual- so if you want me to scan and email it, just let me know. Be happy to do it-
        Thanks again- Dave

Comment

• leroy37921
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2005
          • franklin, tn, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by backpacker85
          Alright.....I've been looking & waiting for one of these for quite a while, and today I see one for sale.

It's used and being sold as surplus, but the additional $75-$125 shipping (along with the fact that I'm in the middle of dealing for the $210 Hitachi SCMS) takes me out of the running.

So, if anyone in the Louisville, KY area is interested, it's available at $75 for pick-up. Look on TinyTimber.com for more details (and a couple other deals).

If the SCMS deal falls through, and this is still available Monday, I may have to make a road trip, but I thought I'd offer it up until then.
          This one might be closer: http://nashville.craigslist.org/tls/542184158.html

Comment

• backpacker85
            Established Member
            • Sep 2006
            • Dickson, TN
            • BT3100-1

Leroy - thanks for the heads-up. It was closer, but the wrong model & was being picked up by a buyer as I called. But thanks for the tip!!

Dave - If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd greatly appreciate the scan. No need for it now, but may save me some headaches in the near future. You can e-mail it to my username at gmail.com. Again, thanks alot!!
            Ken W.

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
              • Dec 2006
              • hagerstown, md

I enquired with them about it and they said it would cost more to ship it than the cost. That said, if I had seen one in the flesh and knew what it was/can do I might have said bugger it and bought it anyway.
              パトリック
              daiku woodworking
              ^deshi^
              neoshed

Comment

Working...