• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Woodworking Magazine Announcement

Woodworking Magazine has announced that they will be making an announcement. LOL! It appears they will be announcing a subscription for Woodworking Magazine. WW Magazine is a sister publication of Popular Woodworking. WW Magazine has no advertising and is headed by Christopher Schwartz. It is currently published 4 times per year and is very highly regarded.

The bargin part is that you can download a full issue for free on their home page.

http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/...EPT2004_WM.pdf

This will give you a taste to see if you like the format, material, etc.
  • dl2000
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2004
    • Tampa, FL, USA.

I have gotten several wood working magazine offers in the mail this year. I guess they are going through their Christmas buying lists that they buy from Amazon or something.
    I swear I measured it right this time.

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

This is an excellent magazine; I have the first seven issues. I think it can be a little hard to find due to their limited publishing schedule***. Apparently the eighth never went on sale around here because I've been looking and didn't see it.

*** Up until now they have published only two issues a year. Jeff, did the announcement you saw say that they're expanding this to four?
      Larry

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

I'm with Larry G. on this one, Jeff. I have heard much ado, but I haven't seeh much ado with availablity where I can actually make the purchase. I went on-line to PW and they didn't do subscritions at that time. And frankly, I don't have time to try to chase down a vendor.

So.. you bring good news as I apparently can just take a chance and subscribe while not having to waste time searching. I only take FWW by subscription, but again have heard through the grape-vine much praise about the Woodworking Mag and it's policy of no ads, at least at this point.

Thanks for the tip...

Comment

• dl2000
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2004
          • Tampa, FL, USA.

I got a free copy of Woodsmith which is another no ad magazine. Seems pretty decent. Has anyone got any thoughts about this mag?

DL
          I swear I measured it right this time.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

I glance at it on the stand DL, but don't purchase it. If I see something interesting in it, I'm cheap and just read it on the spot and move on. I suppose with so many mags out, not much excites me in my 36th year of hacking away at wood.

30 years ago anything I could get my hands on that pertained to WW was exciting and I usually bought it.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the link Jeff, I thought the mag was awesome. I'm considering their cd of the previous 7 issues.
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• perpetualapprentice
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2004
                • SoCal

Yes, thank you Jeff.

The site says they are NOT taking subscriptions but you can sign up for announcements when the next issues are published. Also says they are planning 2 issues in '08 -- one in the spring and one in the fall.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

"Our first Popular Woodworking issue of the year is on its way to subscribers and newsstands, the next issue of our sister publication Woodworking Magazine is well under way and we have plenty of great projects and articles planned for the coming months. Our fearless leader Christopher Schwarz is preparing an important announcement for this Friday that I'm sure you'll want to get in on. We can't spill the beans just yet, so read the article below, sign up for the Woodworking Magazine newsletter and join us for another year in the shop."

Then . . .

"On Friday, Jan. 11, we will make an important announcement in the Woodworking Magazine newsletter about our future plans for subscriptions to Woodworking Magazine. And shortly after that, we'll also post the news on the Woodworking Magazine blog
                  The reason we're writing to you today is two-fold. First, we'd like to encourage you to sign up for our newsletter so you will be the first to get the news. And second, we're writing to ask for your assistance. If you know any other woodworkers who would be interested in the kind of woodworking journalism we practice here, we'd appreciate it if you could send them a short note and encourage them to sign up for this free newsletter.
                  If you're not familiar withWoodworking Magazine, you can download a free copy of Issue #2 from the home page. Read more about this exciting, advertising-free publication and this announcement on the Woodworking Magazine web site."

[/font]
                  Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• perpetualapprentice
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2004
                    • SoCal

Yup. Signed up for the newsletter and it's verbage contradicts what their web site said yesterday.

$19.96 for 4 issues.

"If you subscribe now, the next issue of Woodworking Magazine will ship to you in early March. Then you will get three more issues, approximately one every three months."

Looks like a great magazine but I will probably have to pass. Just don't need another sub. Thanks for the heads-up anyway, J.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • York, PA, USA.

Anyone looking for PDFs of issue 1 - 8 shoot me an email.

Edit: PLEASE use the email function not the PM function.
                      Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 01-18-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...