• Show
Clear All
  • Doug Jones
    Established Member
    • Oct 2004
    • Indiana
    • Delta 36-444

2007 Popular Woodworking on CD

The following is a "copy/paste" from an email. Not sure how magazines on CD fair in these parts, but a deal is a deal.

Final Notice: Sale on 2007 CD Ends in Four Days

[description]This is your final chance to get 20 percent off the NEW 2007 Popular Woodworking CD — but only until midnight on Dec. 24. The regular price is $19.96, but with coupon code PW07CD, you pay only $15.97.

On the CD, you'll find all 2007 issues plus a bonus issue: Essential Guide to Table Saws. Plus, we've included an easy-to-use searchable directory so you can search the entire disc by keyword, and instantly jump to the article you're looking for.

To take advantage of your discount, simply enter Coupon Code PW07CD when indicated during the order process; the discount will be applied at checkout. Don't miss your chance for this exclusive sale on the 2007 Popular Woodworking CD! This coupon expires at midnight on Dec. 24, 2007.

Order Your CD Now and Save
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't subscribe to PW so the CD should be a nice addition to my stash of info.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• final_t
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003

IMHO, a little spendy for only 7 issues. The price would be more appro for ten years worth. They really need to make downloading the electronic issues available to dead tree subscribers as part of the subscription.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by final_t
        IMHO, a little spendy for only 7 issues. The price would be more appro for ten years worth. .........
        I don't see the bargain here either.

Comment

• wassaw998
          • Jul 2004
          • Atlanta, GA, USA.

Fine Woodworking charges $39 for their 2007 CD (think it's on sale at a discount currently) , although I do think it has more things on it and they may come out more frequently than PW, but, alas, the CDs are pricey. Gota figure it's just a fancy / high tech way of selling "back issues" and making more $$ - although in general you don't see back issues being sold cheeper. If you consider "newstand" prices, the CD is not so bad. That is, if you have not bought a single issue of Popular Woodworking in 2007, for $15.97 you can get the entire year, or, about 2 bucks an issue. That's not so bad.
          Chris

Comment

• Doug Jones
            Established Member
            • Oct 2004
            • Indiana
            • Delta 36-444

WOW,,, tough crowd.

At less than $2.00 an issue (if you include the tablesaw book) and to have them all in a single searchable disc I surely would had thought this to be a bargain.

Comment

• gary
              • May 2004
              • Versailles, KY, USA.

Originally posted by Doug Jones
              I surely would had thought this to be a bargain.
              It would be a bargain except for the fact it's to Popular Woodworking. That fact makes it overpriced by about $15.95 (subtle suggestion that it's only worth $0.02).
              Gary

Comment

• Bob Bassett
                Established Member
                • May 2003
                • Shalimar, Florida, USA.

Not A Good Deal

Originally posted by wassaw998
                Fine Woodworking charges $39 for their 2007 CD (think it's on sale at a discount currently) , although I do think it has more things on it and they may come out more frequently than PW, but, alas, the CDs are pricey. Gota figure it's just a fancy / high tech way of selling "back issues" and making more $$ - although in general you don't see back issues being sold cheeper. If you consider "newstand" prices, the CD is not so bad. That is, if you have not bought a single issue of Popular Woodworking in 2007, for $15.97 you can get the entire year, or, about 2 bucks an issue. That's not so bad.
                Neither offer is a bargain. I ordered both and the FWW one is the worst. You can subscribe to the on-line magazine and Find what you want a whole lot faster than the installed version of the DVD. The presentation of the articles is way to hard to read - even enlarging the page.
                Bob Bassett from Northwest Florida

Comment

Working...