• Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Delta 37-365X X5 8" Jointer for $1100 after price match and rebate

not that great of a deal...apologies
    Last edited by Cheeky; 12-15-2007, 09:46 PM.
    Pete
  • Andrew Benedetto
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • SoCal, USA
    • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Amazon does not price match.
    "Price Matching

Amazon.com does not price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our Web site). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. "

I do know when Tool Crib sold out to them things changed. I see this posted often, the PM idea, so I though it would be good to post it. Search there help for more info. They do have a 30 day policy for lowered amazon prices on purchases.
    Andrew

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by Andrew Benedetto
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Amazon does not price match.
      "Price Matching

Amazon.com does not price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our Web site). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. "

I do know when Tool Crib sold out to them things changed. I see this posted often, the PM idea, so I though it would be good to post it. Search there help for more info. They do have a 30 day policy for lowered amazon prices on purchases.

i price matched last week. you can't PM electronics and the like at Amazon, but tools you can. check my link
      Pete

Comment

• aussieblake
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2007
        • OKC
        • Unisaw

I called for the price match, but could not get through. Evidently there is a typo on the "Price Match" page for Amazon. It lists customer representatives being available Monday-Saturday, however the recording I got said Monday-Friday.

aussieblake
        Last edited by aussieblake; 12-15-2007, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2005
          • York, PA, USA.

Tool crib is only open M-F, west coast time.

The price match thing keeps changing. It appears the match 120% is back on, which means we should have been all over that during HD Bosch PS-40 deal.

Comment

• herb fellows
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • New York City
            • bt3100

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
            Tool crib is only open M-F, west coast time.

The price match thing keeps changing. It appears the match 120% is back on, which means we should have been all over that during HD Bosch PS-40 deal.
            120%? Where are you getting that from?
            You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • New York City
              • bt3100

Total cost at Amazon, incl shipping is $1678.
              Total cost at Tools Plus is $1505.50

Amazon will meet the price of $1505.50, and also deduct 10% of the difference.
              The difference is $173, therefore they will discount it an additional $17.30.
              This brings the price to about $1488, minus the $250 rebate = $1238.
              Am I doing something wrong here?
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• aussieblake
                Forum Newbie
                • Aug 2007
                • OKC
                • Unisaw

I can not find the link anymore to the Amazon Tool department price matching page. Could someone please post it again?

Deals like this are always a great find, not all people can set back and wait for the deal of a lifetime or the deal of the year to come through, before making a tool purchase.

Thanks,

aussieblake

Comment

• herb fellows
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • New York City
                  • bt3100

Originally posted by aussieblake
                  I can not find the link anymore to the Amazon Tool department price matching page. Could someone please post it again?

Deals like this are always a great find, not all people can set back and wait for the deal of a lifetime or the deal of the year to come through, before making a tool purchase.

Thanks,

aussieblake
                  Do you mean the page that says they do or the page that says they don't? :-) . The most interesting thing I find about this is that they won't match another website (in other words, someone doing business exactly like them!) They will only match if they also do business by catalogue and/or a brick and mortar store. Go figure!

HERE'S BOTH:

Amazon.com does not price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our Web site). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

Please note that in some cases our Web site offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace or Merchant sellers. For more information, please read our Marketplace Help section
                  ========================================
                  This is the link, content printed out below for everyone else interested.
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=117374

Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store is committed to offering you
                  the best possible prices on tools and equipment. We will not be
                  undersold. If you find a better price elsewhere, we will match that
                  price and beat it by 10% of the difference. (Applies only to
                  products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by
                  third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.)
                  >
                  > Before you call, please have the following ready:
                  >
                  > 1. The item and model number (identical brand and model number to
                  the one we carry at Amazon.com)
                  > 2. Price (including shipping charges, taxes, gift certificates)
                  > 3. Store name, location, and phone number
                  > 4. Important: Price match must occur before purchase. Now that
                  you're ready, contact one of our customer service representatives at
                  (866) 876-8073, Monday through Saturday, 8am to 5pm (Central)
                  >
                  > Restrictions
                  > The product must:
                  >
                  >
                  > • Be an exact make and model of the one carried at Amazon.com.
                  > • Be new (not refurbished or reconditioned) and in its original
                  packaging with all of its accessories.
                  > • Be in stock with the discount price currently advertised.
                  > • Not be a closeout or clearance item (at Amazon.com or the third
                  party's store).
                  > • Price matching applies to most tools or equipment sold and
                  fulfilled by Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store and does not apply
                  to other products or sellers at Amazon.com.
                  > • Price-match items cannot be gift-wrapped.
                  > • The price considered will be the total price (including
                  shipping charges, taxes, gift certificates, etc.).
                  > • Only tools and equipment that are distributed by Amazon.com's
                  Tools & Hardware Store will be price matched--please call to see if
                  your request qualifies.
                  > • Price matching does not apply to membership clubs or auction
                  sites.
                  > • Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store cannot match prices at
                  other Web sites, unless the company also has a brick-and-mortar
                  store or a catalog business.
                  > • Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware Store is not able to price match
                  products in Amazon.com Auctions and zShops.
                  > • Price-match products are not eligible for special offers or
                  discounts.
                  > • Amazon.com's Tools & Hardware price-match guarantee cannot be
                  combined with Amazon.com online gift certificates.
                  > • Typographical errors will not be matched.
                  > • At this time, price matching will be honored only for stores in
                  the United States.
                  > • Offer limited to a maximum of one price match per item.
                  > • Offer limited to stock on hand.
                  > • All price matching is at the discretion of Amazon.com's Tools &
                  Hardware Store and is subject to change at any time.
                  >
                  > Continue shopping in Tools & Hardware
                  >
                  > Shop for BargainsHot Deals Outlet
                  > Reconditioned Tools
                  > Today's Deals
                  >
                  Last edited by herb fellows; 12-16-2007, 05:53 PM. Reason: left something out

Comment

• aussieblake
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Aug 2007
                    • OKC
                    • Unisaw

Thanks for the link. I know how confusing these policy's can be. I called sears.com to price match the HD dewalt router kit and they told me, it could not be price matched because it was not listed on the HD website. I think they all play the game the same way. I have made out good on some deals and missed on others. But you can't win without trying.

aussieblake

Comment

• herb fellows
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • New York City
                      • bt3100

This is purely stolen from someone else who I would credit if I could remember where I saw it, but I loved it so much I can't resist:

Always remember,' trying is the first step toard failure'. HOMER SIMPSON

Comment

Working...