• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Blades In General - Great Deals On Amazon - Forrest, Freud, etc

Posted dado king and Duraline in other posts but got in there digging and there are great deals on the whole line of Forrest blades. Dug even further and found you can get a Freud Dial A Width 6" for $130. Folks, there are some super deals here!

My suggestion that you can try at your own risk . . . .

Buy blades of choice. Use 20% off accessories by buying the B&D Screwdriver that is on 5 to 7 week backorder. Receive blade then cancel B&D Screwdriver. In my theory you will not loose the discount on the item already shipped. You will not want to put any other items in the order as they could be adjusted. Again, there could be a monkey wrench thrown in this theory such as the screwdriver shipping quicker than thought or general Amazon pricing screwiness. But I think it would work.
    Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 11-16-2007, 09:51 PM.
  • theminor
    Established Member
    • Jun 2006
    • Dalton, GA
    • BT3100

Jeff - which screwdriver are your talking about - I'm thinking about attempting this...
    My Site

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by theminor
      Jeff - which screwdriver are your talking about - I'm thinking about attempting this...
      This item . .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GQ674

This will take you to the product as sold by another party as Amazon is OOS. Note on the right hand side there is a section that shows Amazon as the seller for around $18 with expected ship date of 5-7 weeks. Choose that along with the blade.

BTW, my theory is correct as I executed the cancellation of the drill today after my Freud Dial-A-Width Dado shipped for $140.70.

Comment

• theminor
        Established Member
        • Jun 2006
        • Dalton, GA
        • BT3100

Excellent - THANK YOU! I just got the Forrest WWII (3/32" Kerf) - it will end up costing $53.99 shipped after I cancel the screwdriver!
        My Site

Comment

• btompkins
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2005
          • Prospect, KY, USA.

Just got a message saying that they shipped both my Dado and the B&D Screwdriver (that was supposed to be out of stock). Oh well, the discount paid for the screwdriver that I didn't need.

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Originally posted by btompkins
            Just got a message saying that they shipped both my Dado and the B&D Screwdriver (that was supposed to be out of stock). Oh well, the discount paid for the screwdriver that I didn't need.
            Kinda like signing a contract with the devil.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by btompkins
              I was able to cancel mine but of course they had the dado in process within hours being a Amazon Prime member. That allowed me to cancel the screwdriver quickly.

Sad thing is that it does not look like they will be doing any deals on Prime membership this year. However, being a hard core Amazon junkie I would say it is worth the regular price for me.

Comment

Working...