• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

New Freud P410 Fusion for ~ $58 shipped

FYI... There's a "Buy It Now" listing on Ebay (I'm not associated in anyway) that has 4 new Fusion blades available at $49.95 each plus $7.95 shipping. The seller has numerous transactions under his belt and maintains a 100% positive rating.

Nice deal for someone looking for a full kerf 40T general purpose blade.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

That's a good deal. The fact that they're still there makes you question the effectiveness of Ebay for new higher end tool sales. I know I haven't had much luck there.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I was figuring they'd go fast...too many savvy Amazon buyers now! ...Although that's lower than the best Amazon deal I know of.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• theminor
        Established Member
        • Jun 2006
        • Dalton, GA
        • BT3100

Quite a good deal. I wonder how well this would do on a bt3? It isn't a thin kerf blade (kerf is 0.126) so I worry that the bt3 won't have the power to handle it. Any one using it on a bt3?

I'm definitely tempted to pull the plug on this one...
        My Site

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Cough, cough, cough..........Brian, I'd pay $57.90 delivered for a Ridge Carbide TS2000.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by theminor
            Quite a good deal. I wonder how well this would do on a bt3? It isn't a thin kerf blade (kerf is 0.126) so I worry that the bt3 won't have the power to handle it. Any one using it on a bt3?

I'm definitely tempted to pull the plug on this one...
            I guess it depends on what you cut. For my uses I'd rather have a 30 or 40T WWII TK, or a TS2000 TK...even if they're $10-$20 more. Or you could go with the Fusion and add a 24T TK ripper to your inventory.

Comment

• JSCOOK
              • Sep 2006
              • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
              • Ryobi BT3100-1

I'm sold on Ridge Carbide TS2000 and ain't parting away from it .... I've been running a full kerf Ridge Carbide TS2000 on my BT3100 without problems with lack of power ... Thanks Brian
              Last edited by JSCOOK; 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM.
              "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

• theminor
                Established Member
                • Jun 2006
                • Dalton, GA
                • BT3100

I ended up pulling the plug on this one. I saw the blade a a WW show last year and ever since I've wanted one - and this was quite a price!

I'm sure the bt3 will be fine, power-wise...
                My Site

Comment

• steve_ma
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2005

Why wouldnt the BT have enough power to work with this Freud blade? A thin kerf blade requires more power?

I dont have any experience with these better blades. I bought a Tenyru rapid cut 40T and it has a hard time getting thru 3/4 hickory. It does it, but barely it seems. Would that TS2000 do any better, or the Freud?

Thanks

Comment

• Knottscott
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Rochester, NY.
                    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by steve_ma
                    Why wouldnt the BT have enough power to work with this Freud blade? A thin kerf blade requires more power?

I dont have any experience with these better blades. I bought a Tenyru rapid cut 40T and it has a hard time getting thru 3/4 hickory. It does it, but barely it seems. Would that TS2000 do any better, or the Freud?

Thanks
                    "Perceived power" is a function of actual motor power/gearing, good alignment and setup, the proper blade for the task (tooth count and geometry), sharp/clean blade, correct blade height, material density, material shape (flat/straight), a low friction saw surface, and electrical power that supplies the saw, etc. The BT is not known as a powerhouse, but should be capable of cutting to full blade height if all the factors are optimized.

The Freud P410 Fusion is a full kerf 40T blade, but should cut through material up to ~ 1 to 1-1/2" pretty well with most saws. A thin kerf blade takes a narrower bite and typically requires less power....a TK is ~ 25% narrow than a standard full kerf blade of 0.125". The quality of the blade is important to ensure that the blade doesn't flutter, which can actually make the "TK" blade to take a wider bite. I've got the Tenryu RS25540 40T blade and found it to be a pretty nice blade that cuts well. It's a general purpose "mid kerf" blade of sorts (.118") as opposed to a standard TK of ~ 0.98". Hickory is tough stuff for sure, but that blade on the BT should cut through it with relative ease. Try checking your blade to fence alignment, be sure the blade is clean, the stock is flat and straight, and try waxing the saw table and fence, and be sure you're not running a long underrated extension cord. If you're struggling, you might consider switching to a decent 24T TK ripping blade...a lower tooth count blade with an agressive hook angle will cut faster, although typically have a rougher edge.
                    Last edited by Knottscott; 11-16-2007, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Daveman38
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2004
                      • Mo.

Looks like an awesome deal

Comment

Working...