• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Smith
    Established Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Southwest CT

Amazon - Hitachi WH12DMR 12V Cordless Impact Driver (Ni-Cad) $128.96

I know nothing about impact drivers but what I read. This one is way under the current price for the same driver in reconditioned condition and it gets some strong ratings on Amazon. Looks like it might suffice for everything but the toughest jobs.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-WH12DM...SIN=B0009H4YI8

The 14v version is just a bit more.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Not sure I'd sink that much money into a ni-cad anything any more. Batteries don't last too long, and replacement cost is high. Things are going the way of the lithium-ion batteries at the moment.

Comment

• Mark Smith
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Southwest CT

May explain the markdown. Of course the LION tools can be upwards of twice the price of this one. For occassional use it might be worth the outlay. Don't have one so can't give it a review, however.

Comment

• steve-u
        Established Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Bartlett, Ill.
        • Ryobi BT 3100

I don't have any problem with my Bosch 14.4 nicad drill. I don't use it all day every day but even when I have a lot to do I rarely run through one battery and have the second one fully charged. I wonder how long lion batteries will last. I have a 9 volt Makita reciprocating saw going strong that is over 12 years old with the original battery. I find that I charge my Bosch and Makita nicads maybe every two months when not using them much and the power loss in two months is very little. Anything that I have using NIMH is usually dead if not used in a month, but not sure how lion is in that regard. I would not hesitate to but the Hitachi impact driver at that price if I did not have a Bosch already. No doubt however that lion is the way to go for those that use their power tool substantially almost all day every day.

Steve

Comment

Working...