X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockybrown
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

craftsman 16 volt li-ion drill kit $69

i got the craftsman club flyer today and it shows the new 16 volt li-ion drill- has anyone seen this? i can't find it on their site so don't know specs but it's only $69 and comes with 24 piece accessory kit and soft bag.

rb
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Haven't seen it. Would like to see it.

Would also LOVE to see a CC flyer one day. Having had my CC card for about 6 months I would marvel at receiving one of these things!

Comment

• rockybrown
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2006

hey jeffrey-

hang in there- it only took me about 7 or 8 months after signing up to get my first one.

loml said i could get the craftsman 22401 bandsaw tomorrow- also in the cc flyer- so i'll look for the drill and report back.

rb

Comment

• Cheeky
        • Nov 2006
        • westchester cty, new york
        • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by rockybrown
        hey jeffrey-

hang in there- it only took me about 7 or 8 months after signing up to get my first one.

that's all it took me to receive my 1st one. unfortunately that was a bout 6 months ago and i haven't rec'd the subsequent ones.
        Pete

Comment

• Mark Smith
          Established Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Southwest CT

The sale starts Nov 4 and goes through the 10th.

Interestingly, the only tool listed using the 16V LION battery is the Drill/Driver. It isn't on Sear's website yet. We aren't even told if this comes with two batteries and a charger, just a 24 pice accessory kit and a soft bag. There is no information about torque, battery rating, or the like. We are told that the drill and battery weigh 3.6 pounds. It is black, not red like other Sears LION offerings.

Obviously it is reversible and has about 20 clutch settings. Seems to have two speeds though that is a guess from the photo and the design of other Craftsman drill/drivers.

Not much to go on. But $69.00 for an extra, light weight drill? Maybe worth a try.

Comment

• Flatlander
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2005
            • Illinois
            • BT3100

I don't know if you can see this without loggin in to CC, but here is the link to the catalog
            http://s7.sears.com/s7ondemand/broch...nClub_Nov_2007

Comment

• MBG
              • Apr 2003
              • Chicago, Illinois.
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
              Haven't seen it. Would like to see it.

Would also LOVE to see a CC flyer one day. Having had my CC card for about 6 months I would marvel at receiving one of these things!
              I've had a CC card for many years now and used to get the flyer's. For some reason they stopped coming about a year ago - don't know why.

Comment

• GrantV
                Forum Newbie
                • Aug 2007
                • Orange County, California

I've had problems too with the mailer but have been getting it for about 6yrs now. They probably don't have a large work force working on it. Us tool users are probably not a big group. But at least they are doing something for us.

Clicking on the image off of the above link on page 2-3? it takes you here:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=vc_ta_2007_11

Last edited by GrantV; 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• RAV2
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Massachusetts

Saw this kit today:

1200 RPM max, 320 in/lb (I think), LED light, sensor to show charge level, 60 min charge time, BUT LOOKS LIKE ONLY ONE BATTERY!

Comment

• Mark Smith
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Southwest CT

Sure looks like only one battery and so far no listing on Sears for additional batteries.

Comment

• ksum
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007

I as told by a sales person that you can go online and sign up for the craftsman club. She said she was able to use her's by providing her phone number after a couple days. I signed up this moring and will try later this week on the drill, but wanted to let other's know in case they wanted to try.

Karl

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2003
                        • SoCal, USA
                        • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Again why would you buy a cordless w. 1 battery for that price,and it is not variable speed, 2 speeds is a cheap build in that the slow speed uses 1/2 the battery voltage and thus has less torque. The cost of another battery will be at least $30-40 and I bet it has plastic gears in the trans. and will not last long anyway. I would stay away from CM cordless tools.
                        Andrew

Comment

Working...