FT2200E 3-1/4 HP Variable Speed Plunge Router for $119.00

Here is a great router and an amazing price:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_101207.htm
  • lakkdainen
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Craftsman 21829

Thank you! That price is amazing. I just placed an order. I've been looking to upgrade from my weak 1/4" collet only Ryobi for quite some time. Now I can finally use the big panel raising bits I bought on sale months ago.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Router Raizer, Unilift, etc

For those looking at this, what would/do you plan to use with it?

Plate, lift, router raizer, etc?

TIA
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Popeye
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Woodbine, Ga
        • Grizzly 1023SL

This looks like a heck of a deal. My question is.....does anyone know how well this will work in a table. I'd never have a need for that big a router in hand held mode. Pat
        Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• Woodwerker
          Established Member
          • Nov 2005

I have that router in my Jet Cabinet Saw in the lift. It is an excellent tool, that handles everything I throw at it. I am considering buying another
          Every tool you own is broken, you just don't know it yet :-)

Comment

• jovani
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2007

plunge router

What type of lift you recomend with this router?

Are all router lifts universal fit, or each router has their own line of lifts?

What are some of the router lifts out there that you recomend for the freud router?

I already ordered the this router, i think it is a great deal. My first. Thanks for passing the info.

Now, if I can get my Biese fence and some mobile bases, that will make my christmas gift and more.

Comment

• Cike
              Forum Newbie
              • Oct 2006

While looking for info on this router, I can across their Freud
              s newer offering:

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FT3000VC...2902621&sr=1-3

As a novice, I'm wondering about the general value of the added features of the FT3000VCE, so here's a test for you experienced woodworkers: At what price would the FT2200E have to be in order for you to skip it and go for the FT3000VCE?

Thanks!

C

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

Originally posted by Cike
                While looking for info on this router, I can across their Freud
                s newer offering:

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FT3000VC...2902621&sr=1-3

As a novice, I'm wondering about the general value of the added features of the FT3000VCE, so here's a test for you experienced woodworkers: At what price would the FT2200E have to be in order for you to skip it and go for the FT3000VCE?

Thanks!

C
                Kinda the reason for my question. A router raizer, allows easy fine tuning above the table, and to my knowledge, no lift allows above the table changes on this (although you can buy a bent wrench to make it easier).
                It is more or less a debate (already have 1 3+HP table router), does this really need a lift, or should I get two, and make a table for this for set bits (rail and style, etc).
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• gwyneth
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Bayfield Co., WI

After fighting this all weekend, I gave in.

After all the work it took to attach the Bosch base to the BT plate, too. But this one will probably get its own table.

At this price, I'm thinking of screwing it directly to a table top, no plate, and piano-hinging the top. But, sooner or later somebody will post a budget-buster lift here and my willpower will go phssst again.

On the other hand, if I can get it onto the BT plate, I could then use that Bosch base on the All-in-One clamp plate.

jovani, you will discover before long that one router is never enough. Moreover, you will also learn that within a month after you make a carefully budgeted purchase of a long-admired one, something like this deal will come up. Always happens.

Comment

• gwyneth
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • Bayfield Co., WI

Somewhat annoyingly, about 12 hours after I got the pseudo-confirmation from Peachtree (it's not a 'order paid and on its way out), a Woodcraft email drifted in, offering it for $129.99 (free shipping over $100).

That's only about two bucks cheaper than Peachtree's price, shipped, and I'd rather give the business to Peachtree. But there was some stuff I've been thinking about getting from Woodcraft but not with its usual way-high shipping.

In any case, offers for the 2200 are popping up all over--Freud must have miscalculated the rollout on its new big router and have huge inventories of the 2200.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

I asked Charles at Freud what was the maximum thickness top the new FT3000vce model would bolt to and still be above the table bit changes (debating between two of the 2200 verses one 3000). He stated "The collet nut extends ~11/16" above the base of the router and the top 1/4" of that is the flats for the collet wrench. So you could go as thick as 7/16" and still have full access to the flats with the included bent wrench."

Comment

• axa
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Mar 2007

Anyone know if this router has even a 'psuedo' ability for height adjustment above the table? As my Ridgid 2900 has a pass through hex lead screw.

Love to swap it out with this freud, and wonder if my plate needs refitting.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2003
                          • SoCal, USA
                          • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

No , the new model does. I would say that I would not but this router again as the depth stop is very poor in design. As a table router it is OK if you can deal w. the below screw adjuster.
                          Andrew

Comment

Working...