X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jovani
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007

Biesemeyer fence

Is the fence deals over? I was traveling out of town and stopped in a lowe's and they had one. I was excited and took it to the cashier. She called the manager, but he wanted full price.

Since I started as a member of BT I have yet to get a deal. I am looking for a Biesemeyer fence. Anyone knows if some lowe's stores still have them ?

I these deals, can you call the stores to see if they have them?
  • Tequila
    • Aug 2004
    • King of Prussia, PA, USA.

Lowes seems to do their clearances regionally. When people in the southwest were getting bandsaws at huge discounts, here in the northeast we were paying full price. I think it went the other way around with the dust collectors that recently went on clearance. In some cases stores with more foot traffice will lag behind (like her in PA the Montgomeryville store seems to drop prices faster than the Plymouth Meeting store.)

Where are you located? Somebody in your area might be able to tell you if other local stores are clearing out or not.
    -Joe

Comment

• Jim1
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2007
      • Hill Country in Texas
      • General 650

Where are you located?

Jim

Comment

• JSUPreston
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Montgomery, AL.
        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I bumped the previous thread, but will post here as well...Lowe's in Montgomery, AL as of last night at closing had one left on the shelf. I assume the price is still $80, but may be less now. Don't know where you're located, so this may not help. Shipping for the thing would be a *)&*()!
        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• jovani
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2007

Biesemeyer fence

I am located in Pomona California 91767, that is about 20 miles east of Los Angeles.

Comment

• Scottydont
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Edmonds, WA, USA.
            • Delta Industrial Hybrid

FYI I just scored one for $100 at the Lynnwood WA Lowes. I had them do a locate in the Puget Sound area and Lynnwwod was the only store that had any. They were not in the tool area but against the wall by the rest rooms. They had it priced at $120 and the tool manager OK'd $100. They have one left. I knew there was a purpose for the $100 bill I have been carrying in my wallet for the last month!

I will be selling my like new Delta T2 fence, rails and extension table for $50 if any Seattle are folks are interested. I scanned my receipt as requested. (Double click the image to view it larger.)

Last edited by Scottydont; 09-28-2007, 06:40 PM.
            Scott
            "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• jovani
              Forum Newbie
              • Aug 2007

Biesemeyer fence

Thanks for the info. Which of the numbers I should give when I call the stores, the sales # or the other number? With the printing I couldn't make out the number?

Comment

• gatordogs2
                Forum Newbie
                • Aug 2007
                • So.Florida
                • 22114 soon

Suggestion to finding one which came in handy for myself: Tell the person answering the main phone that your looking for "an item and have the sku, would they kindly look it up....# 237671". DO NOT let them transfer you to the tool dept because no one their knows what it is. Let them receptionist know that it's "Non-stock" but want to see if there are any more in inventory.

If yes, when you arrive at the store you must look EVERYWHERE to find it around the tool area. Most employees don't even know what it is or looks like so their not much help. I found a couple up real HIGH on top of the shelves on an aisle adjacent to the tools. Had to ask someone to get the forklift to get it down since they put them out of place cause they don't sell them often.

It's usually laying down in a long brown (grocery paper bag brown) box down flat that is approximately:

4 feet long x 24 inches width x 10 inches thick.

Now that you found one, half of the battle is over. The other half is getting it at a reduced price. Some managers are stubborn and refuse to reduce the price thinking that they will sell it some day (even though it's not on display or no one knows what/where it is).

Good luck,
                Barry
                What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

Well I hit 6 Lowes today and can advise . . .

Easton PA - has one Beise which is attached to a floor model saw. Easton has no Delta Mobile basis. Easton has tons of Gloss and Semi Gloss Olymic Water Poly spray cans (I own Satin).

Stroudsburg PA - no Beise. 3 Delta Mobile bases sitting in a cart I left at the frount counter. Still $45. Stroudsburg has tons of Olympic Gloss and Semi water poly spray cans at $1,75,. No satin for me tehre.

Reading South - No Beise. No Delta Bases. I got all satin poly, gloss and semi remain at $1.75. Reading south also have a few semiclearnaced Freud routers and Hitchi single base routers. Not time to buy but time to watch.

Reading - No Beise. No Delta Base. Got all the Satin, plent of gloss and semi remain.

Lancaster PA - No Beiese. no Delta Base. Got all Satine, plenty of gloss and semi remain.

Yor PA - No Beiese - No delta base. Got all satin, plenty of gloss and semi.

Comment

• glenns5900
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2007
                    • Longmont CO
                    • Mao Shan TSC10L

I just picked up the last Besi 30" fence at the Lowes here in Longmont CO. The shelf tag showed $400 marked down to $180. I spoke to the dept mgr and showed him the two receipts posted here for $80 and $100. The best he could do was to mark it down to $120. I still feel I got a good deal.
                    ------------
                    Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

I only picked up one when I found them. I had the cash in pocket (no charge) and thought I shouldn't be greedy.

Now I have two friends looking, and Several that made it locally to Craigslist. I don't want to offer mine (powerbench setup forthcoming), and if I had bought them, nobody would have wanted one.

Sometimes the bargain alerts, just get you in trouble.
                      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• jovani
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Aug 2007

biesemeyer

Glenn, did you called the stores or just went in a checked? I tried calling today and didn't get to far. Then I visited some Lowe's with no luck.

Comment

• glenns5900
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Longmont CO
                          • Mao Shan TSC10L

I remember seeing it on a bottom shelf in the front of the store in the tool department on a clearance rack a few weeks ago. Seems to me that it was about $250 then. I didn't have the $$$$ at the time. I just happened to drop in today to do a bit of window shopping and found it on the top shelf of the clearance rack with a Delta fence on top of it. I spoke to the dept mgr and he didn't want to drop the price below what it was marked ($180). The original price was $400. I said that I had some Lowes recepts from others that bought it cheaper. He said to bring them in. I came home and printed them out from the forum and took them in to him. He showed me in their computer where their cost was $300. I said I'm sure you want to get rid of this last one as it takes up a lot of space and that Lowe's may not be carrying them anymore. He dropped the price another $60 to bring it to $120. I said "Lets load it up".

I brought it home and started installing it. It fit like a dream. I have an old Mao-Shen 10" right tilt contractors saw. It looks just like an old Grizzly G0444Z. It is about 10-15 years old and was made in Taiwan. I bought it at an auction about 2 years ago for $150. I've added some new bolts to replace the ones with the rounded off heads, a set of PAL's, a link belt, 2 new machined pulleys and a new blade, a homemade cutoff sled and a thorough cleaning & tuneup.

It's going to be harder to move it around the shop (garage) as the new fence and rails just added about 100 pounds to the saw. The rails are massive pieces of angle iron. I'm glad to get rid of the old fence that never lined up parallel to the blade. And I can hang my tape measure somwhere else besides the hold down handle on the fence.
                          ------------
                          Don't do anything in life that would cause the minister to have to lie at your funeral.

Comment

• momo44
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2004
                            • Augusta, GA, USA.
                            • bt3100

2 available!!

I have the opportunity to pick up a couple fences at a Lowes near me for $120. Is anyone interested in 1 or 2 of these??

Regards,

Maury

Comment

• jovani
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Aug 2007

Biesemeyer

Yes, I am interested. What the shipping will be to 91767?

Comment

Working...