• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

$189 Ridgid 18v Drill $99 at HD

Just returned from HD and noted that they had marked the Ridgid 18v Drill down from $189 to $99. Also noted a new Ryobi kit that had tools that are a strange greenish yellow color. I'm partially color blind but I'm sure these weren't the old Ryobi blue. Anyone know anything about Ryobi changing colors?
    Richard
    Richard
  • Cike
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2006

The new colors indicate Ryobi's new 18v lithium ion tools (2x longer life, etc.). While the tools may look different, I don't expect there is much if any difference with the older blue tools. Right on the box it says you can use the new lithium ion batteries with any 18v tool in the Ryobi One+ family regardless of the color.

C

Comment

• TheRic
      • Jun 2004
      • West Central Ohio
      • bt3100

Originally posted by phrog
      Just returned from HD and noted that they had marked the Ridgid 18v Drill down from $189 to $99. Also noted a new Ryobi kit that had tools that are a strange greenish yellow color. I'm partially color blind but I'm sure these weren't the old Ryobi blue. Anyone know anything about Ryobi changing colors?
      Richard
      What Ridgid 18V Drill??
      Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• axio
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Castro Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Originally posted by TheRic
        What Ridgid 18V Drill??
        It's the R840011. 18V drill, 2 batteries, 20 min charger, and a tool bag. I picked one up two days ago. Read reviews on it and it seems the biggest complaints are the battery life. But hey, for $99, all of the above seems like a good buy, so I bought it.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
          • BT3100

how about posting a copy of the reciept. that will help anyone trying to get a price match (if successful - but worth the try).

thanks

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Ridgid Available Online

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
            how about posting a copy of the reciept. that will help anyone trying to get a price match (if successful - but worth the try).

thanks
            It came out in this morning's circular and says it is also available online. Your choice for $99 - a Makita Hammer Drill with Free Grinder or a Ridgid 18 volt Drill Kit.

Ridgid 18 Volt Drill Kit: Drill features 2-speed transmission and total grip overmold for improved grip and comfort. Includes Rapid Max 20 minute charger, 2 rechargeable batteries, 360 degree auxillary handle, screwdriver bit, and case. With Lifetime Service Agreement. Also avaiable Online (369002).

Makita 5/8 inch Hammer Drill with Free Grinder: The hammer drill features a powerful 5.7 amp motor to tackle the toughest jobs, and the 2-mode operation lets you choose between rotation only and hammering with rotatiion modes. It includes a side handle, depth gauge and tool case. (794893)
            Richard

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Cike
              The new colors indicate Ryobi's new 18v lithium ion tools (2x longer life, etc.). While the tools may look different, I don't expect there is much if any difference with the older blue tools. Right on the box it says you can use the new lithium ion batteries with any 18v tool in the Ryobi One+ family regardless of the color.

C
              Thanks Cike for the explanation.
              Richard
              Richard

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                • BT3100

Thanks! will have to go to hd to see the circular

Comment