freud ft1700vcek router @lowes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rockybrown
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006
    • 97

    #1

    freud ft1700vcek router @lowes

    marked down on clearance from $169 to $100. they had 3 of them at my lowes- don't remember if they came with the plunge base. i've used one in my table for several months and while it's not the same as a lift it works great for those of us on a budget.

    rb
  • jovani
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2007
    • 65

    #2
    freud router

    can you post the receipt? Do you know if this is a national discount or local? If you can aalso post the number they use to look it up. I am looking for my first purchase from bargain alert. It seems I am always to late.

    Comment

    • Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • 3815
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

      #3
      I really like this router mounted in a table. It has easy one handed above table bit changes, and is a mainstay in my RT.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

      Comment

      • rockybrown
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006
        • 97

        #4
        sorry- no receipt. i bought one about a year ago when they were still $169. i saw them on clearance at 2 lowes in the austin, tx area.

        i used mine in a router table, too. until i bought the triton last week

        rb

        Comment

        • dewi1219
          Established Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 307
          • Birmingham, AL

          #5
          I was in my local Lowe's (Bessemer, AL) tonight and they had these on the clearance table, now marked down to $50 each!!!! They had 3 NIB and one display model. I bought all three of the NIB's. That makes this my first official tool gloat
          Scott
          BTW, they do not come with plunge bases.

          Comment

          • wannabee
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2007
            • 35
            • USA,FL

            #6
            would it be possible to get a scan of your Lowes receipt so I can bring it to my Lowes and try my luck also....by the way great gloat...thank you

            Comment

            • dewi1219
              Established Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 307
              • Birmingham, AL

              #7
              Will do - I can scan it at work tomorrow as I don't have a scanner at home.
              Scott

              Comment

              • jovani
                Forum Newbie
                • Aug 2007
                • 65

                #8
                freud router

                That would be great. yesterday I was out of town in So. California. I Saw a Lowe's and went in to see If I could find the not missing biesemeyer fences or a router and they had a pile of display tools on clearence. They had several Freud routers, without a box and parts missing. When Asked about the prices, they were willing to lower 10% fom the brand new ones. I walked out of course.
                Some managers probably think that consummers are not informed.

                Will keep trying. Congratulations on your purchase.

                Comment

                • dewi1219
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 307
                  • Birmingham, AL

                  #9
                  Here you go...
                  Scott
                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  • wannabee
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 35
                    • USA,FL

                    #10
                    thank you for taking the time to scan this for all of us...wish me luck in the morning...

                    Comment

                    • dewi1219
                      Established Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 307
                      • Birmingham, AL

                      #11
                      No problem - hope it helps.
                      Scott

                      Comment

                      • oleghome
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 19

                        #12
                        Worth it?

                        I went to my local Lowes (Bloomfield, CT). They had this router on clearance for $134.10. They were all sold out, except for the floor model which they were willing to sell it. The rep at Tool World couldn't find the box and accessories. I asked him if the floor model would be cheaper than the clearance price since it is missing all of the accessories. He went and talked to his manager and the manager was willing to let it go for 1/2 off. That's when I took out the receipt that I printed from this forum and went to talk to the manager myself. He hesitated but I explained that it was missing the box, wrench, collets, height adjustanble knob (used with a Table) and manual. Long story short, I got it for $50 - 10% + Tax = $47.70.

                        My question is - is it worth it? Can anyone recommend where I can at least purchase the collets?

                        Comment

                        • dewi1219
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 307
                          • Birmingham, AL

                          #13
                          You can call Freud at (336) 434-3171 and explain to them that you bought an FT1700CEK and the accessories were not included. They MIGHT give you replacements, or if not they should at least be able to tell you where to get them.

                          Comment

                          • oleghome
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 19

                            #14
                            So, I called Freud (800-334-4107) and they charge for the accessories (the rep knew about Lowe's clearance):
                            Box: Didn't ask
                            Wrench: $5.92
                            1/2" Collet: $21.88
                            1/4" Collet: $16.36
                            Height Adjusting Knob: $9.76
                            Vacuum adaptor: Didn't ask
                            Manual: Downloaded from Freud

                            Now I have to make a decision whether I want to keep this router...

                            Any suggestions?

                            Comment

                            • Pakaderm
                              Established Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 116
                              • .

                              #15
                              I just checked my Lowes this afternoon, I found this router, still listed for $149.99. I scanned it at the register. Still $149.99.

                              -Pak

                              Comment

                              Working...