• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Fein MultiMaster - Today Only - Amazon Gold Box - $180

I assume you guys will be able to access this at this price as I believe Gold Box has been standardized for everyone.

There are two Fein kits, today only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...801&pf_rd_i=20
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Wow - a pricey tool

Of course, the pics on amazon seem to indicate this is a all-in-one tool...

Is it a sander / saw / ...something else?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

Yah it is an all in one tool. I've seen the infomericals on tv. Yes I've watched informercials. I also sat through the little giant infomercial as well. Some of it's uses were a sander, flush trim saw, scraper. And as a wow factor the host put up the tool (with the saw attachment on) to his hand to show that it wouldn't cut him because it only cuts through hard surfaces. Supposed to be a great tool. A few people at woodnet have commented on how much they like them. Woodcraft carries these as well. Fein is another expensive brand. Right up there with Festool.
      -Paul

Comment

• samglo
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2003
        • USA.

The price of replacement blades are what amaze me. $30 each is just crazy for a tiny blade.

The tool is great though. I use it all the time for random projects - scraping 12 layers of paint from window sills (the tool fits into very tight spaces since you can turn the blade), flush cutting moulding, cutting notches instead of using a chisel or drill/jigsaw, removing window glazing, etc.

I haven't used the sanding profiles yet.

It's the tool I grab whenever a special need comes up. If only it were cordless....

Comment

• louis mason
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006

my problem with this

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
          I assume you guys will be able to access this at this price as I believe Gold Box has been standardized for everyone.

There are two Fein kits, today only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...801&pf_rd_i=20
          the only problem i have is this is the older circular hole model of this tool. the new ones take a star pattern attachment. is the star pattern tool a lot better? do the circular ones slip?

louis

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

It is one of my lesser used but most appreciated tools*. When I do need and use it, it performs better than anything else. I can cut square holes for outlets that look professional (and no dust flying everywhere) - something that I can't do with a rotozip.

Flush cuts are amazing. Replacing tile and removing grout is easy and dust doesn't fly everywhere. I broke my wrist in 2001, 5 days before returning to Japan. The doctor put a cast on my wrist/forearm. I left it on for 8 weeks and took it off with the Fein.

* My one gripe is the cost of the replacement blades. It is TOO much!
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Santa Clarita Len
              Established Member
              • Feb 2006
              • Santa Clarita Calif.
              • Bt3000 and Dewalt radial arm saw

Thanks for the tip, I ordered one today.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

Only problem with the thing is the cost of the attachments and the replacement blades. If you buy the basic kit, you are always gonna be throwing money at it in order to add this or that. And if you buy the loaded kit (they call it the "TOP" kit), you're gonna spend 400 bucks. They got the market cornered on the add-ons and replacement blades, and they know it. Keep your wallet handy. That said, it's still a helluva handy tool. My Rotozip languishes in a box on a shelf, while I don't even bother putting my Fein away any more, 'cause it won't stay for long.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

Originally posted by samglo
                  If only it were cordless....
                  There is a cordless model... It's called the ACCU (model number is MSx-315).

There is also an air-powered version (model number MOx6-25).
                  Last edited by Uncle Cracker; 08-30-2007, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• UK2TX2CA
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jan 2005

I'll let you into a secret, you can use regular dirt cheap slitting blades!

Check out: http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luth...w/bonesaw.html

Comment

Working...