• jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Amazon Sale on Denali Tools

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1/...8182011&page=1

I'm looking for opinions on these tools. Are they any good, and if they're any good, are they good value for money? I'm thinking some of the cordless tools could be handy.
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Jack,

I don't see any bargains in the bunch. They all seem to be at Amazon's regular price (I've been watching their offerings for a while.)

Sorry, can't offer any opinion on build quality....maybe somebody that bought these can chime in.

In regards to the cordless tools, I would guess they're on par with the Ryobi and Craftsman offerings (they look quite similiar in design). If that's the case, I would probably just buy the 5 or 6 piece Ryobi combo kit for $189 from Home depot or maybe the craftsman drill/impact driver combo from sears that gets great reviews for $89 or $99.

Greg
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Marv
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2005
      • Noblesville, In, USA.

I saw a brand new Denali 10" miter saw in operation. It cut OK but it sounded like the bearings were going out. I believe that he paid only $45 dollars for it.

I would not waste my time on it.

Marv

Comment

• Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

I have the Denali miter saw ($45) and the clamps -- both are great value tools, and do what they're supposed to do, but obviously not as well as the more expensive varieties.

If you want a decent tool you don't want to worry about it breaking/getting stolen, etc, then these are great. If you want to make a real investment in something you expect to last you a very long time, then choose something different.

I've used the saw for several projects, including a new play structure for my kids and some simple 2x4 work. I just got the clamps today and it looks like they'll work out just fine.
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

Working...