• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

ac moore 40% one item

it's a craft store, but they have gorilla glue, spray paint, varnish, mineral spirits, turpenoid, carpenters glue, olympic stain pints, etc.

I bought some nice ac grade birch hobby ply, and some gorrila glue, for 40% off (it was busy, so i went through the line twice...don't tell ). 1/3 of the store is actually pretty neat.

http://www.acmoore.com/showweeklyspe...upon.asp?ID=98
    Last edited by Cheeky; 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM.
    Pete
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Usually every fourth or fifth week it becomes 50% off. I religiously have to pull the flyer from ech Sundays newspaper. My wife is a scrapbooking freak and has $5 million worth of scrapbooking crap. Thank God for the 50% off coupons or it would've cost us $10 million

Now, since I've never stepped foot into those types of establishments I wouln't know about the glue's and ply. Looks like I'll have check it out. The wife is gonna faint.

Greg

Comment

• dwlind
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2006

The craft store I usually visit is Michaels and they have those 40-50% off coupons in the Sunday paper every week. I used one to buy a nice $120 airbrush for $60 a few years ago.
      Never really thought about the glues and paint products though, great idea.

Doug

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Thanks for the tip....I really hadn't thought about their finishing supplies.

We've got AC Moore's and Michael's here...I think they'll honor each other's coupons.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Thom2
          Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
          • Jan 2003
          • Stevens, PA, USA.
          • Craftsman 22124

does AC Moore sell mat cutters for doing picture frames???
          If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
          **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• themachine
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • Cincinnati, OH
            • BT3100, General Intl. 220

Another suggested item

While you are looking for useful woodworking things, I suggest you look in the quilting section for quilting rules. They are clear acrylic sheets with a very accurate grid of squares on them, plus they usually have 45 and 60° lines on them. Very useful for layouts or checking squareness of things.

Comment

• Crockett
              Established Member
              • Mar 2003
              • Buffalo, NY, USA.
              • BT3100

Yes AC Moore sells mat cutters. I purchased a 40" cutter using the 40% coupon a few years back and saved about $40. Hmm, 40", 40%, and $40. Maybe I'll play some numbers this weekend....

Al
              Al

Comment

• JR
                The Full Monte
                • Feb 2004
                • Eugene, OR
                • BT3000

Originally posted by Crockett
                Yes AC Moore sells mat cutters. I purchased a 40" cutter using the 40% coupon a few years back and saved about $40. Hmm, 40", 40%, and $40. Maybe I'll play some numbers this weekend....
                Sounds vaguely biblical...
                Last edited by JR; 07-13-2007, 08:16 PM.
                JR

Comment

Working...