Clear All
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

15% Off Summer Sale At Woodline

http://www.woodline.com

Limited Lifetime Warranty on router bits. The router bits are endorsed by Sam Maloof. I haven't used their bits myself but have purchased a few things and their prices, shipping, etc. have been good.
  • theminor
    Established Member
    • Jun 2006
    • Dalton, GA
    • BT3100

I saw their Route-R-Joint system at a woodworking show and had been kicking myself ever since that I didn't buy it there at the woodworking show price. Well with the Woodline summer sale, I finally purchased it a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is excellent. You can cut through dovetails, half-blind dovetails, and many other isolic-type joints (like hearts or keys) using their unique templates - and unlike other dovetail jigs, everything is done on the router table, which, in my opinion, is much more stable and comfortable. The system is easy to set up and the joints come out perfect - the very first joint I cut with the jig fit like a glove.

With the 15% off sale, the jig is $152, which is a fantastic price in my opinion. The instructions that come with the jig are very good (you can read them online here (pdf) and see pictures of some of the types of joints you can cut), but even better is the DVD that comes with the kit - the DVD is like an hour long, IIRC, and has tons of tips and tricks for using the jig. The jig includes all the router bits, bushings, clamps, and even a brass height gauge. It comes with templates to do half blind dovetails, hearts, keys, and through dovetails (the DVD says that the through dovetail template only allows stock up to 3/8 inch, but you can get a template for thicker stock).

It really is a great set up. Oh, and did I mention the jig includes a lifetime warranty, which includes the templates, so if you slip and chew through one of the templates, you just call them and they'll send you a new one without even having to send the old template to them. Very impressive customer service that is rare these days.
    My Site

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by theminor
      I saw their Route-R-Joint system at a woodworking show and had been kicking myself ever since that I didn't buy it there at the woodworking show price. Well with the Woodline summer sale, I finally purchased it a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is excellent. You can cut through dovetails, half-blind dovetails, and many other isolic-type joints (like hearts or keys) using their unique templates - and unlike other dovetail jigs, everything is done on the router table, which, in my opinion, is much more stable and comfortable. The system is easy to set up and the joints come out perfect - the very first joint I cut with the jig fit like a glove.

With the 15% off sale, the jig is $152, which is a fantastic price in my opinion. The instructions that come with the jig are very good (you can read them online here (pdf) and see pictures of some of the types of joints you can cut), but even better is the DVD that comes with the kit - the DVD is like an hour long, IIRC, and has tons of tips and tricks for using the jig. The jig includes all the router bits, bushings, clamps, and even a brass height gauge. It comes with templates to do half blind dovetails, hearts, keys, and through dovetails (the DVD says that the through dovetail template only allows stock up to 3/8 inch, but you can get a template for thicker stock).

It really is a great set up. Oh, and did I mention the jig includes a lifetime warranty, which includes the templates, so if you slip and chew through one of the templates, you just call them and they'll send you a new one without even having to send the old template to them. Very impressive customer service that is rare these days.
      Dang-IT!!
      I'm doing everything I can to NOT buy that jig. Thanks for making it more difficult. ;-)

Comment

• davidtu
        • Apr 2006
        • Seattle, WA
        • BT3100

Before buying bits from Woodline, check out these Woodline sets on Amazon at 25% off w/ PTADADDY code. Note that the prices on these at Amazon have been jumping around, so they are (right now as I type) higher than indicated below. Also, the $86 set was as low as $75 subsequent to the original post and is now $99). You have until 6/15 to get these.

Originally posted by profx
        Woodline USA WL-2010 30 Piece Professional Router Router Bit Set - 1/2-Inch Shank for $86

http://www.amazon.com/Woodline-WL-20...dp/B000JEVV50/

Woodline USA WL-2022 15 Piece General Router Bit Set - 1/2-Inch Shank for $42
        http://www.amazon.com/Woodline-WL-20...dp/B000JES9IW/
        Last edited by davidtu; 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM.
        Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

Originally posted by theminor

What do the bushings fit? Do you have to own their own router plate/table?
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
            Nope. The router plate in the table has to take PC style bushings. Most commercial plate manuf.'s have those rings available.

Comment

• theminor
              Established Member
              • Jun 2006
              • Dalton, GA
              • BT3100

Nope. The router plate in the table has to take PC style bushings. Most commercial plate manuf.'s have those rings available.
              That is correct. They also sell a thin (1/4" or so) sub-table sheet that has the proper PC style bushing hole in it so that people without router plates accepting PC bushings can simply put the "sub-table" on their current router table. They mention this sub-table in the DVD and I think it goes for about $20 or something. But as Ken mentioned, most people will be able to use PC bushings (mine did). The kit comes with all 3 bushings. EDIT: To clarify, as I understand it, the sub-table is a sheet meant to go on top of your entire router table top (it is not a replacement router plate/insert) - you clamp it to your table on top of everything.
              Last edited by theminor; 06-06-2007, 09:06 AM.
              My Site

Comment

Working...