• Show
Clear All
  • stormdog74
    Established Member
    • Mar 2007
    • Sacramento, CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

American Woodworker - 4 yrs $11.94

I ordered this a few weeks ago and just started receiving the magazine - three issues so far. So, I think it is legit - 99.9% positive since December 2003, but it is always buyer beware when ordering magazines off of ebay, although I have yet to be burned. It does take a little time to get the first issue, so be prepared.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMERICAN-WOODWOR...QQcmdZViewItem
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Cool. Did a 4 year renewal. I can't remember how much my first subscription was for orignally. Anyway, should be set for quite a few years.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That's the same magazine that a bunch of us got scammed on last year. When I complained directly to the magazine that their agent had taken my money but I wasn't receiving any magazines, their solution to my complaint was to forward my complaint back to the company that stole my money.

I don't care how good a magazine it is, they will never see a dime of my money. As a matter of fact, they still OWE me 3 years worth of magazines!

Comment

• DLyon
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sweensdv
        That's the same magazine that a bunch of us got scammed on last year. When I complained directly to the magazine that their agent had taken my money but I wasn't receiving any magazines, their solution to my complaint was to forward my complaint back to the company that stole my money.

I don't care how good a magazine it is, they will never see a dime of my money. As a matter of fact, they still OWE me 3 years worth of magazines!
        Why would the magazine owe you anything? It's not their fault, do like they said and take it up with the responsible party.

Comment

• GaryS
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2007

Just got a renewal notice from American Woodworker yesterday for a subscription that expires in Nov 07. So I went for the eBay deal. $11.94 for 4 years versus $22.98 for 1 year. I followed the instructions for letting them know it is a renewal so we'll see what happens. They have a 99.8% rating which is pretty good. So I'm confident.

Comment

• TimInChicago
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2005
            • Chicago, IL, USA.

Never done the mag via ebay thing before but I was just thinking about getting this subscription so, we'll give it a try and see how it goes. Maybe I can go back to Paypal if these guys flake out to get the funds back. Seems a little too good to be true but we'll hope for the best. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• JC507
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2007

I bought this subscription through this ebay seller and a different mag. and I was very pleased with the service. I received both mag's with no problems, great deal! I believe it does take some time to receive the first issue, but for that price, it's worth the wait.

Comment

• sweensdv
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • WI
                • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by DLyon
                Why would the magazine owe you anything? It's not their fault, do like they said and take it up with the responsible party.
                Why? Because it was one of American Woodworker's agents that advertised the subscription and accepted money for the subscription. By forwarding my complaint to that agent, American Woodworker, has acknowledged a relationship with that agent which in turn makes American Woodworker responsible for goods ordered and paid for but not delivered. So yes, the magazine does owe me something!

BTW, I had many emails back and forth with the "responsible party" and all they ever did was make promises that they never kept.

Comment

• JimK
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2003
                  • Fairless Hills, PA
                  • BT3100

I went ahead and placed my order. It looks like this seller has a pretty good history. Thanks for the tip.

Jim K.

Comment

• MBG
                    • Apr 2003
                    • Chicago, Illinois.
                    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by JimK
                    I went ahead and placed my order. It looks like this seller has a pretty good history. Thanks for the tip.

Jim K.
                    I tried to order this a little before your post time - item says it has ended. Any trick on how to purchase it?

Thanks

Comment

• sweensdv
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2002
                      • WI
                      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

MBG,

You're correct that the item has ended however if you click on the link again and then scroll down the page a bit you'll find that the seller has another offering for this mag. When I looked at it a few minutes ago there were 71 subscriptions available. Good luck.

Comment

• skamath
                        Established Member
                        • Sep 2006
                        • san diego, ca
                        • BT3100, 22124

Originally posted by sweensdv
                        MBG,

You're correct that the item has ended however if you click on the link again and then scroll down the page a bit you'll find that the seller has another offering for this mag. When I looked at it a few minutes ago there were 71 subscriptions available. Good luck.
                        thanks! i ordered one too.

Comment

• whitedogone
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jun 2006

The E-bay seller last year that scammed a bunch of woodworkers had a good rating also. I will never read this magazine. If they want readers they should be pro-active when potential readers are being scammed. They knew it happened and did nothing as far as I know. WDO

Comment

• jarhead
                            • May 2004
                            • Boynton Beach, FL.

Originally posted by whitedogone
                            The E-bay seller last year that scammed a bunch of woodworkers had a good rating also. I will never read this magazine. If they want readers they should be pro-active when potential readers are being scammed. They knew it happened and did nothing as far as I know. WDO
                            Are you refering to magsforless.com thieves or is this a different scammer?

Comment

• jgscott987
                              Established Member
                              • Sep 2004
                              • Greensboro, NC, USA.
                              • BT3100 +

SpeedyMags

Just FYI, I get all of my subscriptions and renewals through www.speedymags.com. Never had a problem and they have great prices.

Comment

Working...