• Show
Clear All
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

HF 9" Quick Release Bench Vise- $40

The Vise was in the flyer and is on sale for $40. Add on the 15% off coupon, and you have yourself a pretty good deal. I have this vise and it's worked very well for me.
  • bradley_osu
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2006
    • Columbus, OH
    • None yet :(

Which flyer? email?

Does anyone have a link to the 15% off?

I missed this vice last time it was on sale wouldn't mind having a second shot at getting it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• scoly
      Established Member
      • Jun 2003
      • Lubbock, Texas, USA.

I saw what appeared to be a new to hf 9" woodworkers vise with quick release and a popup dog just yesterday. Was impressed with the apparent quality for the price. If I didn't already have what seems to be the exact same vice I would have bought it.
      Bradley
      It was marked at the sale price in my store.
      Steve
      It\'s the combined experience of the members on this board that make it such a great place.

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by bradley_osu
        Which flyer? email?

Does anyone have a link to the 15% off?

I missed this vice last time it was on sale wouldn't mind having a second shot at getting it.

Thanks in advance.
        The flyer I'm talking about is the mailed out mini catalog of items they have on sale. At my local HF, they post the current flyers on pin-up board so that people can see a good summary of what's on sale. The 15% off coupon is actually printed on the flyer I recieved.

To get them, I signed up at the store.

Comment

• mnstence

I have not posted here before. Buyers should beware. I purchased this vise in Austin, TX.. When it was mounted and you opened it, the outer part of the vise moves up. At full travel it's almost 1" higher than the mounted portion. It does not stay parallel with the workbench. I took it back and they let me go through the rest of their boxes. I found all of them had been machined incorrectley. Hopefully just a bad production run. Who knows?

Comment

• messmaker
            Veteran Member
            • May 2004
            • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
            • Ridgid 2424

Originally posted by mnstence
            I have not posted here before. Buyers should beware. I purchased this vise in Austin, TX.. When it was mounted and you opened it, the outer part of the vise moves up. At full travel it's almost 1" higher than the mounted portion. It does not stay parallel with the workbench. I took it back and they let me go through the rest of their boxes. I found all of them had been machined incorrectley. Hopefully just a bad production run. Who knows?

Sorry to hear that. I was considering picking one up while they were on sale.
            spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• John Hunter
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Lake Station, IN, USA.
              • BT3000 & BT3100

I bought this vice the last time it was on sale and have been very happy with it. One great thing about HF is if you don't like it or get a bad one they will either refund your money or give you a new one.
              John Hunter

Comment

• mnstence

I was not trying to be critical of HF. They did refund my money. They also said when the next batch came in, I could check them out at the same price. This was not my first purchase there and won't be my last. I was just reccomending that if one purchased this product, that they should check it out before leaving the store.

Comment

• messmaker
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2004
                  • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
                  • Ridgid 2424

Harbor Freight lovefest

I was not trying to be critical of HF. They did refund my money. They also said when the next batch came in, I could check them out at the same price. This was not my first purchase there and won't be my last. I was just reccomending that if one purchased this product, that they should check it out before leaving the store.

Be critical of Harbor Freight. We do about as much of that as we do woodworking but ---we---still---go---back.
                  spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• John Hunter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                    • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by messmaker
                    Be critical of Harbor Freight. We do about as much of that as we do woodworking but ---we---still---go---back.
                    Ditto that!
                    John Hunter

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • York, PA, USA.

I heard about that in another report. I am going to bolt mine up in a temporary table to see what happens. I still have the box so I should be good. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...