• Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

$5 Woodcraft Router Bits

They're back again, 1/2" shanks only.
    http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...banrotate=TRUE
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

I just got a router recently, how do these bits fair quality wise. I was thinking about getting a set from MLCS 15 bit set. How do they compare to MLCS brand?
    Last edited by jussi; 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• Popeye
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Woodbine, Ga
      • Grizzly 1023SL

Need to check through what I've gotten from them already. I've been adding a few every time they go on sale. Thanks Ken............. Pat
      Woodworking is therapy.....some of us need more therapy than others. <ZERO>

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Is the sale price available on only the six bits shown on the linked page?

JR
        JR

Comment

• Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by jussi
          I just got a router recently, how do these bits fair quality wise. I was thinking about getting a set from MLCS 15 bit set. How do they compare to MLCS brand?
          In my experience they are lot's better than MLCS. They are not Whiteside or CMT, but not bottom end either. I always pick up a few at $5, even if they are duplicates of some I have, especially the types I use a lot.
          HTH
          k

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by JR

JR
            Not usually, JR. Last sale they had over 20 in stock at the store at $5, pattern, flush, etc.

Comment

• LarryG
              The Full Monte
              • May 2004
              • Off The Back
              • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by JR
              No. They're closing out a lot (but not all) of their house-brand individual bits AND sets. Start here and poke around in the various linked pages.

My experience with these bits is similar to Ken's. I've never owned any MLCS bits, but have found these green-painted Woodcraft bits to be far better than most of the generics but not as good as CMT or Whiteside.
              Larry

Comment

• Ken Massingale
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Liberty, SC, USA.
                • Ridgid TS3650

Good catch, Larry, I didn't notice the sets. Some sets on sale are on pages 3 and 4 under Closeouts at the main menu, also they have 1/4" shanks included in some sets.

Comment

• p8ntblr
                  • Jan 2007
                  • So Cal
                  • Craftsman 22114

Just got back from there (Stanton, Ca). They had more than what was listed in the link but were out of stock of a few there were on it. All 1/2" left. They also had some sets for sale which came with a free case.

They had the Saw Stop on display. Looked purty. But for $3400 + I'm not sure it's the best bang for the buck. He said they may be getting the contractor version.
                  -Paul

Comment

Working...