• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coach
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005
    • Forney, TX.
    • Powermatic 66

another sears saw owner here. I started out with the Harbor Freight, and loved getting rid of it.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• mikel
      Established Member
      • Jul 2006
      • philadelphia
      • bt 3100

I love grizzly's support their tech people are great even trying to help me fix a non grizly saw with their parts. With their help I'm running again.

I went the used saw route broke a part real fast then needed tires and better guides. I'm so close to the cost of the grizzly untimate.I so wish I had just ordered it in the first place. Now just have to stiffen the cheap steel base.

UGGGGhhhh.

...mikel

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

Woodcraft is having a 10% off deal on the Powermatic 14" BS and there is a $100 rebate. Brings the price down to around $700 with a free riser block. The Powermatic seems to be the gold (pun intended) standard for 14" er's.
        I'm seriously considering it.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Another fan of the Grizzly G0555. By the time you add it's standard features to any of the other saws mentioned the price, including shipping vs local sales tax, is within a few dollars. If you want to get up close to one before you decide, make a run up to San Marcos and check mine out.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• gary
            • May 2004
            • Versailles, KY, USA.

Being your doing alot of panel resawing. I'd consider a G0555X which includes a bigger motor, larger table and better fence system. Price is $595 + $93 shipping = $688 Don't forget you'll need the riser too if you want more than 6" capacity (~$60)

http://www.grizzly.com/products/g0555x

At that price, you might find the delta and powermatic bandsaws when they go on sale.

I have a G0555 and don't find the rollwer guide feature an advantage over cool blocks.
            Gary

Comment

• briank
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2007
              • San Antonio, Texas
              • Craftsman

Wound up getting the Craftsman BS #22401 for $349 with CC discounts....I'm happy so far. I think it should do well.
              We shall see.....

BK

Comment

• lrr
                Established Member
                • Apr 2006
                • Fort Collins, Colorado
                • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by Ken Massingale
                Woodcraft is having a 10% off deal on the Powermatic 14" BS and there is a $100 rebate. Brings the price down to around $700 with a free riser block. The Powermatic seems to be the gold (pun intended) standard for 14" er's.
                I'm seriously considering it.
                I bought the Powermatic about a month ago. Woodcraft ads say they charge for shipping, but I asked, and they said "No Charge". I put on a Viking blade the other day (Lee Valley's name for Timberwolf blades). Amazing how much better than the included blade.

Wow, amazingly smooth, fast cuts. The quick release is great, the light is a nice touch, and the riser is not on yet, but might be in the future. Still waiting for the rebate.

Oh -- the free 18 wheeler toy truck, too! Need I say more?

Lee

Comment

• ryan.s
                  • Feb 2006
                  • So Cal
                  • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by briank
                  Wound up getting the Craftsman BS #22401 for $349 with CC discounts....I'm happy so far. I think it should do well.
                  We shall see.....

BK
                  Nice choice! I saw the bandsaw this weekend at my local sears store and it definitely looked like one serious piece of machinery. Makes my 12 inch Hitachi CB13F look inadequate. Defintely thinking of picking up one of these bad boys. The only thing I was a bit hesitant about was the fence/rail assembly. Let us know what you think after using it a while.

Comment

Working...