• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrandPoobah
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • Central Texas
    • i plead the fifth...

50" All-in-One clamp guide $25 (down from $38) - free ship w/ prime or +6cents

Clamp is HERE at amazon

"Limited time offer"

Click on the "E. Emerson Tool Co." link below the product name to see the other all-in-one offerings - many of which seem to also be under a "limited time offer", but not many seemed to be all that cheap (though, admittedly, I might not know a good price on these things if I saw one)

Not quite the peachtree deal @ 2x24" for $35, but could be helpful to some...
  • messmaker
    Veteran Member
    • May 2004
    • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
    • Ridgid 2424

What can you get for $.o6.
    spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• mac_daddy
      Forum Newbie
      • May 2006
      • Sugar Land, TX
      • BT3000

Originally posted by messmaker
      What can you get for $.o6.
      Use this to locate filler items according to price:

http://www.filleritem.com/index.html

Comment

• p8ntblr
        • Jan 2007
        • So Cal
        • Craftsman 22114

Darn I just got 1 a couple of weeks ago (and not with that big of a discount). Maybe I'll get another one. In any case thanks for the info. And thanks for the filler link.
        Last edited by p8ntblr; 02-26-2007, 10:24 AM.
        -Paul

Comment

• radhak
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Miramar, FL
          • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by GrandPoobah
          Clamp is HERE at amazon

"Limited time offer"

Click on the "E. Emerson Tool Co." link below the product name to see the other all-in-one offerings - many of which seem to also be under a "limited time offer", but not many seemed to be all that cheap (though, admittedly, I might not know a good price on these things if I saw one)

Not quite the peachtree deal @ 2x24" for $35, but could be helpful to some...
          For me this is even better than the peachtree, as the 50" allows me to crosscut a full sheet, and the discount is pretty big.

And like you said, their "All in One Clamp U99.5 99.5" Ultra Wide Grip Clamp with Double T-Track" is now at $89.99, another huge drop.

What I am trying to ascertain is, what's the difference between the Ultra-wide-with-double-t-track and the regular-with-single-t-track. Wouldn't the ultra-wide one be a pita if the ply sheet is not wide enough?

I vaguely remember a post not too long ago where one of us had a detailed comparison between the AIO and the TruGrip, but am unable to dig it out. Any body else remember?
          It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
          - Aristotle

Comment

• Stormbringer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Floral Park, NY
            • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by radhak

I vaguely remember a post not too long ago where one of us had a detailed comparison between the AIO and the TruGrip, but am unable to dig it out. Any body else remember?

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=26342

Comment

• radhak
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • Miramar, FL
              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by Stormbringer
              thanks Greg. that helped, as did re-reading your detailed description(s) in that thread.

so would you agree that the current offerings on Amazon for the AIO clamp guides are as good a deal as any that have been there? Particularly the 99", the 54" and the RP and the SP?

also, what's the difference between the ultra-wide and the regular?

moreover, i see some clamps from Emerson described as 'double-grip'. any comments on those?

and finally, would you say the sawplate and the routerplate could also be used on the similar clamp-guides from Rockler?

(whew, maybe i shd pay you for so many questions - )
              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
              - Aristotle

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Floral Park, NY
                • Bosch 4000

thanks Greg. that helped, as did re-reading your detailed description(s) in that thread.
                Your welcome. Glad it helped.

so would you agree that the current offerings on Amazon for the AIO clamp guides are as good a deal as any that have been there? Particularly the 99", the 54" and the RP and the SP?
                Yes. The prices rarely fluctuate....which is why I was particularly suprised when my cart notified me that the price of the 50" dropped. The accessories typically go on sale, not the guides. I bought my guides and accessories (99" Ultra, 50" Ultra, 24" standard, router plate, stop, and saw plate) when Amazon was doing some $50 off $300 promo. The accessories happened to also be on sale at the time. You can score this exact arrangement at one of the upcoming woodworking shows for $169! The ones Peachtree were pumping were NOS that they got from E.Emerson due to some shady activity on Peachtree's part (this is E.Emersons version of the story only btw).

also, what's the difference between the ultra-wide and the regular?
                See the pic in the other thread where I did a side by side. The Ultra Wide is just that, wider. The extra width contributes to the rigidity preventing flex. The 99" comes this way only due to it's length. If you are using the saw plate or the router plate you only need the standard version of the other sizes since the guide plates ride the top of the rail, in turn applying downward pressure unlike w/o a guide plate where the tool has to be "pushed" against the guide to maintain straightness, thus sideward pressure, creating an opportunity for flex on the longer versions if you push really really hard. You'd be fine with the 50" standard guide plate or not IMHO.

moreover, i see some clamps from Emerson described as 'double-grip'. any comments on those?
                Waste of money, and I wanted to find a reason to buy them (just my opinion of course). Amazon had killer sales on both the AIO and Tru Grip versions of these a few years ago. I was tempted to pull the trigger but after investigasting, I passed. It's simply two guides mounted back to back. Would be used, for example, sanding a workpiece w/o any clamp obstructions. You can kinda see one in action here. It's mounted to the right. An additional standard guide is mounted on top. I don't see what these can accomplish that you can't accomplish with either bench dogs or other clamps.

and finally, would you say the sawplate and the routerplate could also be used on the similar clamp-guides from Rockler?
                Yes, since they're the same clamps (see the other thread for additional sellers with different colors.)

(whew, maybe i shd pay you for so many questions - )
                Nah...just make a contribution to BT3Central in my name

Enjoy,
                Greg

Comment

• chalkhappens
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Salt Lake City, Utah
                  • Crafstman 21289 (soon)

Sweet!

Pulled the trigger on the 50" and the 99.5". I can't wait.

Thanks for posting this GrandPoobah.
                  -Cory
                  Will work for tools.

Comment

• barryvabeach
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jul 2006

thanks

Thanks for the tip - I ordered the 50 inch Barry

Comment

• ChongoChingi
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Oklahoma City, Ok
                      • BT3000

Thanks for the tip! I ordered one and I filled that extra 6 cents with some 2" Irwin C-clamps
                      http://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-225102-1...8?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Comment

• radhak
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2006
                        • Miramar, FL
                        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Delivery date delayed...

Did anybody receive this? Mine was scheduled for "Delivery by April 13 to 30", and I was being patient all this long. Now suddenly I see the status on Amazon showing ' Delayed Delivery estimate: May 31, 2007 - June 15, 2007 ' , and it has a flag at the top - 'your approval required'.

This is maddening, to say the least. Now I have half a mind to just cancel that order. Problem is, I don't see anybody else selling the 99" or the 50", not at the low rates of this sale.

Of course seeing this huge delay now, they might just say "sorry, can't ship" later on - what's to stop them?
                        - Aristotle

Comment

• dlminehart
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2003
                          • San Jose, CA, USA.

I've gotten my second delayed delivery announcement. Have my doubts about it ever arriving.
                          - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Diffendoofer
                            Handtools only
                            • Feb 2007

Same here

Originally posted by dlminehart
                            I've gotten my second delayed delivery announcement. Have my doubts about it ever arriving.
                            Hope you guys don't mind waiting...I ordered mine 2 months ago for the same price. Still waiting.

Comment

• GrandPoobah
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Dec 2006
                              • Central Texas
                              • i plead the fifth...

I am the original poster of this thread (so you could reason that my shipping experience should be more prompt than those who bought after reading the original post), and I ordered on Feb 27, 50" was shipped on Mar 27.

I am no stranger to having orders delayed and ultimately cancelled by amazon, but usually that occurs when they've floored a price to blow out a product, they sell all of them, and don't have any intention of obtaining more (so remaining orders are cancelled). In this case, it appears that they are still committed to selling this whole line of product, and that their "firesale" just generated more interest than their supplier could support.

Personally, unless you have an overwhelming need for this clamp immediately (and couldn't afford to buy a second one for $25), I wouldn't worry about this one. I'm sure it's coming, and they don't charge until your item ships, so you're not out anything but the promise to pay them $25 sometime down the road at this point.

Comment

Working...