Hitachi router
    Pete
  • jlake1998
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006
    • Washington
    • BT3100

Thats a amazing price

1/4 inch / 1/2 inch-- fixed base / plunge base, variable speed, one of the quietest on the market
    I enjoy mine, paid about 230 a year ago // uses 2 wrenches to change the bit
    Last edited by jlake1998; 02-14-2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

• wdreamsmaycome
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2007
      • Vancouver, Canada
      • bt3100 (of course!)

the big 3 1/2hp is having a good sale as well it seems

Comment

• Pakaderm
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004

Amazon has had this kit at this price since the beginning of the year. It actually dropped for $132.99 for a short time. See this thread for more details...

http://bt3central.com/showthread.php...hlight=hitachi

-Pak

Comment

• bthere
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Alpharetta, GA

I have had the Hitachi router kit for a couple of years and really liked it. It is smooth and quiet, the sub base is flat, and the price was good, but not as good as it is now. Since then, I got a chance to get the Bosch 1617 kit a for about $30 more than the Hitachi.
          I like the Bosch better for a few reasons.
          - The electronic speed control on the Bosch is very responsive. With the Hitachi there is sometimes a detectable lag.
          - The Bosch depth setting on the fixed base is the best available. There is a fine adjusting knob, so no twisting the motor.
          - For me, the plunge action feels just right on the Bosch.
          - The Bosch kit came with a nice edge guide, a couple of dust shrouds, and a template adapter. It's kind of hard to find accessories that work with the Hitach.
          - The collet bit release works better for me on the Bosch.
          - A couple of minor points are that the documentation for the Bosch kit was much better, and I liked the case for the Bosch better.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Hitachi kit and think you can't really go wrong with this price. I reach for the Bosch most of the time, though.

Comment

• djkert
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bthere
            - The Bosch kit came with a nice edge guide, a couple of dust shrouds, and a template adapter. It's kind of hard to find accessories that work with the Hitach.
            I just got this router also. Does anyone know where I can find the accessories?

-Dennis

Comment

• gwyneth
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Bayfield Co., WI

Alas, it's back up to $160...I finally decided to bite on the lower price two days ago, and it had gone up. Just checked the link above to make sure, and it's still $160.

Comment

Working...