• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tarheel
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • N. Carolina

Bessey K-Body 24 Inch

Are on special at Amazon.com for $24.00 a clamp! Free shipping on orders over $25.00.

Here:

http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K3-524-...2?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Don't know if the deal will last til mornin'!!!!

Wayne
  • ryan.s
    • Feb 2006
    • So Cal
    • Ridgid TS3650

Price back up to $31.85

Comment

• Tarheel
      Established Member
      • Feb 2006
      • N. Carolina

My 'o my that didn't last long!

Wayne

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

$24 wasn't such a great price anyway. Currently you can buy Bessey KBK2440 Kit which has (2) 24" and (2) 40" clamps and KP block set for $104.00 which works out to $26 per clamp but (2) clamps are longer and includes KP Block Set. Of course, $104.00 is not a great price either for the set. I'd look to buy that kit at <$80. I bought a bunch of the sets in July for $66 per set from Amazon.

Comment

• BigguyZ
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2006
          • Minneapolis, MN
          • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Also, my local Rockler still had the Jet cabinet maker's set on sale for $99. That's $25/ clamp, with the bench dogd, blocks, and two of them being 40"...

And every review I've seen puts the Jet clamps above the Besseys.

Comment

• wouldchuck
            Forum Newbie
            • Sep 2005
            • Richmond, VA, USA.

Bessey K3.531 K-Body 31-Inch Parallel Jaw Bar Clamp $25 shipped

Here is the link:
            http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-K3-531-...405564-6838316

Comment

• Stormbringer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Floral Park, NY
              • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by BigguyZ
              Yes!

I have two sets of the Jet's from Rockler and a bunch of Bessey's from Amazon. The Jet's are definitely beefier all around than the already beefy Bessey's and Jorgy's. IMHO, they have a few features that make them the superior clamp. If they went on sale the way the Bessey's do I think they would take the lead as the No.1 clamp name out there (IMHO) Perhaps that's why Bessey is always putting there stuff on sale - afraid to lose that edge they have in terms of name recognition? i.e. Bessey's cabinet door kit is $104. Jet's is $160. I would think somebody in the market for this type of kit would go for the cheaper kit with the popular name.

Then again, I've also had great success with some HF's and homade setup blocks

The Rockler deal is a screaming deal....I can't understand why Amazon can't offer them at this price - or less for that matter. You would think Amazon would be able to make a much better deal for themselves with the amount of product they move (thanks to us )

Greg

Comment

• THyman
                Established Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                Also, my local Rockler still had the Jet cabinet maker's set on sale for $99. That's $25/ clamp, with the bench dogd, blocks, and two of them being 40"...

Rockler had these for $89 at the ATL Woodwroking show this weekend. They have also had these at this price around Thanksgiving 06.
                War Eagle!

Comment

Working...