• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveW
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • So Cal.

dewalt 9.6v drill @ Target

YMMV - I was at the Target in the Tustin Market Place in So Cal, and they had a Dewalt 9.6v drill with two batteries for <$50 in a couple of the end-of-aisle clearance sections. It was marked down from almost $100. I didn't take note of the model info. I figured the "original" price may have just been an inflated $$ value. I looked at Amazon's 9.6v Dewalts, and all seem to be in the $100 range, so this actually seems like a good deal. There were probably 10-20 boxes of these.

I was tempted, but my cordless drills are still going strong and I'm still explaining why I have eight clamps from Rockler.
  • pdxman1
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005
    • Portland, OR

Originally posted by DaveW
    I figured the "original" price may have just been an inflated $$ value
    The original price of $89.99 was actually already cheaper than most places. The 50% off price of $44.98 is a steal. This is a big YMMV because once they hit 50% off, they fly off the shelves. While you are looking for this, look for other Dewalt tools at 50% off. The 12V drill is $59.98, also a steal and the 6 amp corded 3/8 drill is $24.98 which is a good deal. Maybe you ou can afford to have a nice corded drill dedicated to your kreg jig for this price. They also had a corded recip saw, but they were all gone at 30% off at my local Targets.

Model numbers:
    9.6V DC750KA
    12V DC727KA
    Corded D21008K
    Last edited by pdxman1; 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• warrenp
      Established Member
      • Mar 2004
      • Kentucky, USA.

Hey Dave...thanks for that info on the drill...I ran over and picked one up...only 3 left and they were hidden on a backside endcap.

I almost bought one at Xmas, but just didn't think it was a great deal at $95, but definitely worth it for $45. Not my first choice in drills, but it is definitely a step up from my current drill.

Thanks again.

Comment

• ryan.s
        • Feb 2006
        • So Cal
        • Ridgid TS3650

Dave thanks for the heads up.

I need another drill like I need another mortage. 10+ drills already, too many to count. Even so I think I'll mosey over to my local target to check out the deals on dewalt stuff. I hope I don't end up coming home with another drill.

Comment

• ryan.s
          • Feb 2006
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

Okay so just got back from visiting two of my local targets in pasadena, CA. One of them didn't have any dewalt items left and the other only had one corded drill for 24.98

http://www.amazon.com/DeWalt-D21009-...3?ie=UTF8&s=hi

It's a great deal but I already have that same exact drill so I passed.

Comment

• mowildone
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2005

Picked up two yesterday @ $45.
            I was looking for a 9.6V replacement since I dropped the old one on its nose and the batteries were running down a little fast.
            Shopped Amazon and the Big Box stores and I thought the prices a bit high, in some cases, more than 18V drills.
            Have four 18V Drill/drivers for heavy work, but I find the 9.6V a handy size. Lightweight to strap on your belt, carry around, climb ladders etc. and strong enough to do the job.
            Only wish the batteries in this kit were the XRP but for $45!

Comment

• DaveW
              Established Member
              • Jul 2004
              • So Cal.

Originally posted by mowildone
              Only wish the batteries in this kit were the XRP but for $45!
              If it were, I'd have bought it and risked the explanation to LOML!

Comment

Working...