Amazon is doing it again!!! Delta unisaw $799 shipped!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitedogone
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2006

Amazon is doing it again!!! Delta unisaw $799 shipped!!

No fence and one wing. Add your favorite fence and entention table and you're in bussiness! Don't delay they won't last long. WDO

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-36-812-1...6?ie=UTF8&s=hi
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

This isn't the same deal they had for a few hours two weeks ago. That unit was complete.

No Rails, No fence, no rightside table top, and no outfeed table for $800.

Considering it's down from $1000, I guess it's a bargain but for the same dough I rather buy the highly rated complete top shelf Craftsman with Bies fence for less on sale. Just my $.02

Greg
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 01-12-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• whitedogone
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Stormbringer
      This isn't the same deal they had for a few hours two weeks ago. That unit was complete.

No Rails, No fence, no rightside table top, and no outfeed table for $800.

Considering it's down from $1000, I guess it's a bargain but for the same dough I rather buy the highly rated complete top shelf Craftsman with Bies fence. Just my $.02

Greg
      Not quite as good as the Dec. 06 deal with the Unifence
      for $899. That deal was crazy hot! This is still a great deal. Add a good fence and make your own extenstion table (I always do that myself anyway). And it's a much nicer setup than a Hybred (cabinet mounted-not table mounted). There is no comparison the trunions on the two. WDO

Comment

• blockerb

definitely not as good as the craftsman

craftsman has beis fence 2 cast iron wings, outfeed extension, melamin table extension, decent miter guage and a leitz blade. I got it for $800 although i've heard of people getting them for much less with coupons, etc. Amazon is generally a rip off, I rarely look there for deals. I would look elsewhere for tablesaw.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • SoCal, USA
          • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

I have to totally disagree with "blockerb".
          I have a 22124 and was able to get in with some effort and CS help at Amazon on the Unisaw for $900 w. Unifence 30", table board ,legs, 1 CI wing last month. That was an unreal deal.
          The 22124 is a good saw but not a true cab saw. The Unisaw is in a different class. This is 3hp not 1.75hp and is a step up in power and build, the current one has no fence but still is at great price. You could even add a $150 T-2 delta fence from Lowes if you are in a pinch for cash. I do not know anyone who would take a 22124 over a Unisaw unless they do not have 220v.
          Amazon can have it's problems, has wacky price changes, but Ripoff, No. I will not buy from 3rd party merchants from their site, that is where I have had problems. They will refund defective items. The problem is that these sales go so fast but at least it is not like HDT where it may be seconds and the item is sold out.
          If you want a cab saw I would buy this.
          Andrew

Comment

• whitedogone
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2006

Go that right! I'd take a Uni with a T2 over a 124 with a B fence ANYDAY!!

Comment

Working...