• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Webb
    Established Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Garland, TX.

HF Dust Collector at $169

Cruised by HF on my way home tonight and saw that they had the DC on sale for $179 through 1/28.

Not a bad machine if you change out the bags.

Bob
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

That's pretty much their usual price for that DC. If the retail stores aren't offering that price the website usually is. Print out the website page and the retail stores will match the price. For anyone considering purchasing this DC, if you can wait, you might want to hold off until they have a % off coupon available.

Comment

• wesf
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2006

I just received an ad in the mail that had a 15% off any single item attached to it. Interesting thing was that I received two ads the same day that seemed to be identical except one had the percent off and one did not. I have been waiting for a while for a percent off in my e-mail and have not received any as of yet. Good thing I noticed it in the ad.

Comment

• Bob Webb
        Established Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Garland, TX.

Originally posted by wesf
        I just received an ad in the mail that had a 15% off any single item attached to it. Interesting thing was that I received two ads the same day that seemed to be identical except one had the percent off and one did not.
        Any chance of getting a copy of that. Going to get the mortiser and an extra 15% will help.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

• wesf
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2006

Sorry, I used it last night to purchase a tile saw. They took the coupon. I have been waiting for a coupon for some time now and was ready to use it before the tile saw went off sale. Like I mentioned, the 15% coupon was on the back page of there ads (about 12-14 pages).

Comment

• Bob Webb
            Established Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Garland, TX.

Thanks anyway.

Will keep an eye out for it. Get one flyer almost every day.

Bob

Comment

• coach
              Established Member
              • Jan 2005
              • Forney, TX.
              • Powermatic 66

I had the HF DC, and got good use out of it for quite awhile. I got it back in the day when it was ~$120, and it was my only option. I was lucky enough to be able to sell it recently for darn-near what I paid for it.

IMHO, it is not a bargain at all though. At least, you will have to upgrade the bags. Many, including myself, would rather have a 2micron canister filter. If you look at the cost of the HF canister upgrade, the Wynn canister upgrade, or the JET canister upgrade; it will cost almost $200 more after it is said and done.

$400 will get you a JET 1100RK at local Rocklers. It comes with the canister, remote, and a couple of bags. I didn't get in on this deal, as I replaced my HF for the same JET without the remote, a few months earlier. I'm glad I did.

A few years ago, the quality DC units were quite high. That has change drastically. Get a JET, Delta, or JDS for not much a difference more than an upgraded HF, and never look back.
              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• rsjimenez
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2006
                • Alvin, TX
                • craftsman

Here is a coupon
                Attached Files

Comment

• mpauly
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • NJ

Originally posted by coach
                  I had the HF DC, and got good use out of it for quite awhile. I got it back in the day when it was ~$120, and it was my only option. I was lucky enough to be able to sell it recently for darn-near what I paid for it.

IMHO, it is not a bargain at all though. At least, you will have to upgrade the bags. Many, including myself, would rather have a 2micron canister filter. If you look at the cost of the HF canister upgrade, the Wynn canister upgrade, or the JET canister upgrade; it will cost almost $200 more after it is said and done.

$400 will get you a JET 1100RK at local Rocklers. It comes with the canister, remote, and a couple of bags. I didn't get in on this deal, as I replaced my HF for the same JET without the remote, a few months earlier. I'm glad I did.

A few years ago, the quality DC units were quite high. That has change drastically. Get a JET, Delta, or JDS for not much a difference more than an upgraded HF, and never look back.
                  I picked up the HF DC for $127 in December when they price matched a magazine ad for $149 and then 15% coupon. I have a set of 2 micron bags on order from Process Systems for around $70 iirc. I don't have the new bags yet, but for $200 I have what hopefully will be a very respectable DC for a weekend warrior. Agreed, a cannister with remote might be nice, but I just couldn't justify what would be nearly twice the cost. Also, I was able to pick the HF DC up locally and didn't have to pay or wait for shipping.

Michael

Comment

• burrellski
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Saint Joseph, MO.

Originally posted by rsjimenez
                    Here is a coupon
                    Have you been able to use one of these coupons? It looks kind of suspicious without an expiration date, etc...? Where did you find it? Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Comment

• Bob Webb
                      Established Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • Garland, TX.

Originally posted by burrellski
                      Have you been able to use one of these coupons? It looks kind of suspicious without an expiration date, etc...? Where did you find it? Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I have used several of them without an expiration date. I will use this one as well.

I had one, a 20%er, and when I went to the cashier, she told me it had expired but there was not date on it. She call the manager over and he said no problem and took it.

Try it. All they can say is No.

Bob

Comment

• bert11
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Wayne, Ohio, USA.
                        • Now a Sears 21829

cupon

I used it today on greenhouse with no trouble.

THANKS
                        If you\"re gonna be dumb
                        You gotta be tough

Comment

• burrellski
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • Saint Joseph, MO.

Originally posted by Bob Webb
                          I have used several of them without an expiration date. I will use this one as well.

I had one, a 20%er, and when I went to the cashier, she told me it had expired but there was not date on it. She call the manager over and he said no problem and took it.

Try it. All they can say is No.

Bob
                          Originally posted by bert11
                          I used it today on greenhouse with no trouble.

THANKS
                          well then, I stand corrected. I'm going to try tomorrow and see what happens

Comment

• rockybrown
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2006

is this unit noisy? i bought a delta ap100 air cleaner and i haven't used it because it's too noisy for me. i know they're different machines but i'd like to know what to expect if i get one.

thanks,
                            rb

Comment

• Bob Webb
                              Established Member
                              • Feb 2003
                              • Garland, TX.

Originally posted by rockybrown
                              is this unit noisy? i bought a delta ap100 air cleaner and i haven't used it because it's too noisy for me. i know they're different machines but i'd like to know what to expect if i get one.

thanks,
                              rb
                              I would rather use this DC than a Shop Vac. It is alot quieter.

Bob

Comment

Working...