• Show
Clear All
  • NJFrank
    Established Member
    • Jun 2003
    • NJ, USA.

HD Ryobi 18V Driver/ Drill and Impact Driver $95.00

A Local Home Depot, Bridgewater, Nj. Has the following

Ryobi 18V Drill Driver and Impact Driver with 2 Batteries and Charger for $95.00. I don't know if this is a local deal or not.

I was going to Jump on it, but the last thing I need is another Drill, but was tempted (actually still am).
    Last edited by NJFrank; 12-30-2006, 08:00 PM.
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

go on mate.....you know it makes sense
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Comment

• rockybrown
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2006

if you don't already have an impact driver you should consider this deal. since i got mine i rarely reach for the drill anymore- in fact i think it's been about 2 months since i've used a drill other than my 12v.

rb

Comment

• Cike
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2006

rb,

Which driver do you have?

C

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

I jumped on this deal last year when they were closing out the 14.4 drill and impact driver combo. Great deal and the tools are now the most often used whenever I need to drill or assemble something. This is a really fantastic deal, especially when you consider that either tool by itself will sell for almost twice that price.

Happy New Year,

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• rockybrown
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cike
            rb,

Which driver do you have?

C
            cike-

i have the 18v impact driver that comes in this set. i already had 2 ryobi drills w/batteries so i bought the driver alone for $70. i compared it with a milwaukee impact driver (that died within 2 weeks) and i thought the ryobi was as good or better. between this driver and my 12v panasonic drill, i haven't had to use either of my 18v ryobi drills for about 2 months now. if it died i'd buy another one- i can't imagine not having one now.

rb

Comment

• jp_spins
              Established Member
              • Aug 2005

The Impact driver sells for $69 alone, the 2 pack of batteries costs about $40 alone so it's a really good deal. If you don't need the drill you can always sell it. I've had great luck selling tools on craigslist.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I got this deal just recently due to the sale. When it was $120 I wasn't too estatic, but now at $95 it's an excellent buy. I had a chance to use the driver last night using concrete screws to hang up some perf board on my basement cinderblock wall. Previous times I've driven the screws with my drill and it was near impossible to do so without stripping the screw head. This was so easy, I was instantly in love with the tool!

Now I have one drill to drill the hole, and the impact driver to drive the screw. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

Comment

• tbarn
                  Established Member
                  • Jun 2004
                  • PA, USA.
                  • BT3100

Went to my local home depot to pick up this deal.
                  It is good and they had one pack left.
                  I had to pass it up though because they had a ridgid 18V hammer drill and sawzall combo for $137.
                  I really thought the impact would have been nice to have but I really love the Ridgid drill.
                  The ratchet tightening chuck is awesome. I no longer have to reverse the drill to loosen a bit.

Comment

Working...