X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisD
    • Dec 2004
    • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

BT3100 at HD in Niles, IL

Not necessarily a bargain (I did not ask the price): There is a NIB, still- wrapped-in-plastic BT3100 at the HD in Niles on Greenwood Ave. It's on the very top shelf by the tablesaws and shopvacs, right across from the tool corral.
    The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris
  • JeffG78
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
    • BT3100

Got it!

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for posting the BT3100 sighting. I live near Detroit and have been looking all over for hiding saws at HD's. I called your HD and bought one. They actually had two in stock, so if anybody else is looking there is still at least one NIB saw left in the country . The price was good too. I got it for $239.20. Now all I have to do is road trip to Niles on Saturday. It's 4+ hours away, but what the heck... My next best option was a three year old used one in the classifieds here for $200 an hour from home.
    Last edited by JeffG78; 01-03-2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• ChrisD
      • Dec 2004
      • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

Originally posted by JeffG78
      Hey Chris,
      Thanks for posting the BT3100 sighting. I live near Detroit and have been looking all over for hiding saws at HD's. I called your HD and bought one. They actually had two in stock, so if anybody else is looking there is still at least one NIB saw left in the country . The price was good too. I got it for $239.20. Now all I have to do is road trip to Niles on Saturday. It's 4+ hours away, but what the heck... My next best option was a three year old used one in the classifieds here for $200 an hour from home.
      You're welcome, Jeff. A 4-hour trip! Now that's what I call real love!

Now if somebody can just find me one of those darn Herc-U-Lifts!
      Last edited by ChrisD; 01-03-2007, 10:28 PM.
      The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• JeffG78
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • BT3100

Road Trip

So, do I win the longest drive to buy a table saw award ? Hey, I need a saw and don't feel like giving an extra $150 to Sears for their BT3. I just hope I don't ever see one on the top shelf of the Home Depot a mile from my house.

Thanks again.

Comment

• JeffG78
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • BT3100

Bought 'em both

Well, I made the road trip today to get the saw. Halfway to Chicago from Detroit, my dad called me from Ohio. After we talked for a few minutes, I told him that the HD actually had two of the saws left. He decided to retire his ancient TS and have me get the second BT3100 for him. It actually worked out great because with both saws, the total price was over $299 so I could use my HD charge and get 12 months same as cash It's a good thing that the boxes weren't ANY bigger as I barely got them both in the back of my 4Runner. Now I just have to set the saw up and start my first project

Comment

Working...