• Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Wow Delta X5 Pro Jointer $400 AR!!!!

$500 delivered via Amazon, with a $100 MIR

The lowest I've seen on Amazon is $321....in March.
    Last edited by Cheeky; 12-28-2006, 09:53 PM.
    Pete
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Just an FYI,

Rockler has this on sale for $399 (no rebate) in store only (so factor in the appropriate tax). Sale starts tomorrow. Reg price $650.

Greg

Comment

• mpauly
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • NJ

Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but the rebate in that link looks like you must also purchase one of the included accessories which range from $70-125. If you were planning on buying one of those accessories anyway, then it's a deal, but if not, kind of negates the rebate.

Did I miss something?

Comment

• Cheeky
        • Nov 2006
        • westchester cty, new york
        • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by mpauly
        Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but the rebate in that link looks like you must also purchase one of the included accessories which range from $70-125. If you were planning on buying one of those accessories anyway, then it's a deal, but if not, kind of negates the rebate.

Did I miss something?
        unfortunately, you're correct
        Pete

Comment

• drumpriest
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
          • Powermatic PM 2000

Hmm....makes the Rockler deal look better.
          Keith Z. Leonard
          Go Steelers!

Comment

• wassaw998
            • Jul 2004
            • Atlanta, GA, USA.

The Rockler Ad I have is not for the X5 6" Jointer, it's for the Professional 6" Jointer (model # 37-195 is professional, 37-275X is X5) - but, it's a very good price and in general the X5 and the Pro are the same. When I got my X5 via Amazon, it also came with a free mobile base, and also qualified for a X5 rebate, plus Amazon was matching the rebate. It was quite a deal. I'm very happy with the jointer.
            Chris

Comment

• agent511
              Established Member
              • Jun 2005
              • Philadelphia
              • TS3650

You do need to buy the tool plus an accesssory to validate the rebate, but the accessory can be an extra set of jointer knives, which is a good idea anyway.
              darksider

Comment

• Stormbringer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Floral Park, NY
                • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by wassaw998
                The Rockler Ad I have is not for the X5 6" Jointer, it's for the Professional 6" Jointer (model # 37-195 is professional, 37-275X is X5) - but, it's a very good price and in general the X5 and the Pro are the same.
                Wassaw, your Rockler ad says "37-195"? Mine doesn't but has the exact picture Amazon uses on their X5 page w/o the X5 logo. It's almost as if Rockler airbrushed the "X5" logo out of the pic since it's the exact same pic.

That and the description is what I was going on since my Rockler ad does not list a model number.

If the rockler is the 37-195 professional model, I would stay away. Lots of complaints on Amazon.

Thanks for the clarification,
                Greg

Attached Files

Comment

• wassaw998
                  • Jul 2004
                  • Atlanta, GA, USA.

No - the model # is not in the ad, you are very correct, I jumped the gun based upon the wording in the Ad , which omits the X5 from the name, but, like you said, is indeed showing the X5 picture with the X5 glazed out. So, I just gave my local Rockler a call, and got this bizarre answer:

It has the X5 base (with the X5 on it!) , with a "non X5" top. It is not considered an X5 unit.

Oh well, guess I opened a can of worms. Sorry. I'd recommend calling the local store and verifying, I may have just got a sales person who was confused.
                  Chris

Comment

• sweensdv
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • WI
                    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

So, is this yet another grey area promotion by Rockler? Wouldn't you think that as many times as they've come away red in the face for one reason or another on past promotions that they'd learn.

Comment

• Lowell
                      • Jul 2003
                      • Chula Vista, CA, USA.
                      • Ryobi 10” Precision Woodcutting System, Model BT3100

Delta refers to both the 37-195 and the X5 (37-275X) as a 6" Professional Jointer, as one can see on the Jointers page (http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=934) of the Delta web site. The only "grey area" in the Rockler ad, IMO, is the paint on the jointer.

Delta took the 37-195, slapped on the X5 label, extended the warranty from two years to five years and assigned it the model number 37-275X. Warranty length and appearance are the only differences. The specifications for the two machines are identical. I haven't checked recently, but they used to share the same owner's manual and parts list.

They did a similar marketing makeover on the open-stand jointer (and other light-duty machines). The former 37-190 got a ShopMaster label and was re-christened the JT360. No change in the warranty, however.

Comment

• paintandbodtman
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Lowell
                        Delta refers to both the 37-195 and the X5 (37-275X) as a 6" Professional Jointer, as one can see on the Jointers page (http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=934) of the Delta web site. The only "grey area" in the Rockler ad, IMO, is the paint on the jointer.

Delta took the 37-195, slapped on the X5 label, extended the warranty from two years to five years and assigned it the model number 37-275X. Warranty length and appearance are the only differences. The specifications for the two machines are identical. I haven't checked recently, but they used to share the same owner's manual and parts list.

They did a similar marketing makeover on the open-stand jointer (and other light-duty machines). The former 37-190 got a ShopMaster label and was re-christened the JT360. No change in the warranty, however.
                        If my memory serves me correctly the x5 was just a promotional gimmick when they first came out - extra warranty, and came with a coupon book that got you a reduced price on other delta tools, could be wrong but think that was the extent of it.

Wayne

Comment

• JimL

I just sent an email on the DeWalt ServiceNET site about the differences between the 37-275x and the 37-195. I will post the response when it comes in.

It's interesting about the picture in the Rockler ad.

--Jim

Comment

• Stormbringer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2005
                            • Floral Park, NY
                            • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by JimL
                            I just sent an email on the DeWalt ServiceNET site about the differences between the 37-275x and the 37-195. I will post the response when it comes in.

--Jim
                            Jim,

I wouldn't expect much back from DeWalt. Try resending it to Delta

(Although you never know, Black and Decker does own both of them now anyway)

Regards,
                            Greg

Comment

• wassaw998
                              • Jul 2004
                              • Atlanta, GA, USA.

My X5 Jointer came with the service manual from the non-X5 and I cannot figure out any differences between the 2, except for the X5 has the extended warranty- and when I got mine it had a free mobile base and a free rebate (tool or $100) , even the Delta web site seems to try to make the X5 6" jointer spec out differently, but, the details indicate they are identical. (Well, cept for the sticker !). Rockler told me the jointer they were selling did not have the X5 warranty. When I was in there this weekend I saw none, else I may have dug a bit deeper - if they are the same except for the sticker, then the top would be the same, and that would not match what Rockler told me.... Now, now all X5 and non-X5 units are like this one, some have some differences, but, on the 6" jointer, I just can't find any.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...