Clear All
  • sacherjj
    Not Your Average Joe
    • Dec 2005
    • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Delta 36-830A Cabinet Saw - $899 Amazon Free Ship

Just saw this on FatWallet:

Delta 36-830A 10-Inch Right Tilt 3 Horsepower Cabinet Saw with 30-Inch Unifence, 1 Cast Iron Extension Wing, Table Board, and Legs, 230-Volt 1 Phase
    Price: $899.99 FREE SHIPPING

90-day price range at Amazon Price Watch is showing $1449.00 - $1893.50
    Joe Sacher
  • beetee3
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • The Sunshine State

Alas, it shows up as being $1,893.50 when added to your shopping cart.

Comment

• sacherjj
      Not Your Average Joe
      • Dec 2005
      • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Now I'm seeing it as that on the main page. They might have sold the ones Amazon had in stock. I'm not in the market for that much of a table saw right now. Deal is dead.
      Joe Sacher

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by beetee3
        Alas, it shows up as being $1,893.50 when added to your shopping cart.
        It jumped from $899.99 to $1,893.50 before my eyes! I had it in my shopping cart just trying in on for size...went back and wham! ...nuther grand!
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • SoCal, USA
          • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Originally posted by Dustmight
          It jumped from $899.99 to $1,893.50 before my eyes! I had it in my shopping cart just trying in on for size...went back and wham! ...nuther grand!
          Me too, but I had that price but it would not let me change the default shipping address. I should have closed the sale and changed it later. I did have the $900 price at checkout, I am so mad I just did not think that the address change would cause me to lose the sale when I tried to correct it.
          Thinking back, should have known it would be impossible, b/c it was on Woodnet forum so it will be an instant feeding frenzy, the server will be overloaded. The HDT sales end in minutes due to the response at WNF.
          Amazon CS will not honor the sale when I called, and I love those computer generated replies to the email that are supposed to help me with my problem.
          Andrew

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Andrew Benedetto
            Me too, but I had that price but it would not let me change the default shipping address. I should have closed the sale and changed it later. I did have the $900 price at checkout, I am so mad I just did not think that the address change would cause me to lose the sale when I tried to correct it.
            Thinking back, should have known it would be impossible, b/c it was on Woodnet forum so it will be an instant feeding frenzy, the server will be overloaded. The HDT sales end in minutes due to the response at WNF.
            Amazon CS will not honor the sale when I called, and I love those computer generated replies to the email that are supposed to help me with my problem.
            The odds are good that if it was an error to the tune of several hundred dollars, they would not have honored the price anyway.... fun while it lasted though!
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2003
              • SoCal, USA

Not fun for me, I guess I am taking this a bit too seriously, but I am not planning on any Amazon buys since this is the 3rd time this has happened with order problems on price increases.
              The price error was on free shipping, they did have a few to sell.
              Actually the Grizzly 1023 series has a Bies. clone ,2 CI wings and a better CI miter gauge could be a better buy.
              I have a 22124,w. 52" Bies. that I have in a crate that I was going to sell if I could have bought this saw.

UPDATE:
              Thank You! Amazon.com for correcting the order error and making things right, they have honored the sale as I tried to buy on 12/22 in the AM the first time at the $899.99 price.

The "amazon" member at woodnetforum was critical to this happening and contacting superiors so that they would correct the error that happened on 12/22.
              I had gotten no where myself, until he helped me. They did have record of the attempt at the $899.99 price and do not know why the error occured when I tried to change the ship to address to my home. I wish that they would have a time limit on pricing so we all could know the end point.
              I still am in shock b/c I tried for days myself and got nowhere on emails and phone calls. I have bought from them , as ToolCrib before Amazon.com even started. I was ready to stop all business w. them.
              He really came thru for me. Glad I never deleted my cart as they still had system records of the error on that morning.
              Now I have to decide on what to do about my 22124 saw as I still have my BT3K and unused ext. rails,leg set. I just can not part w. my BT but may sell the rails as I do have a 52" Biesmeyer system for the Unisaw and delta mobile base and put the Unifence on the 22124 and sell it.
              Last edited by Andrew Benedetto; 12-30-2006, 01:06 PM. Reason: UPDATE
              Andrew

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • SoCal, USA

Please read my update on the great CS I received from Amazon.com.
                Andrew

Comment

• cgallery
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2004
                  • Milwaukee, WI
                  • BT3K

Originally posted by Andrew Benedetto
                  Now I have to decide on what to do about my 22124 saw as I still have my BT3K and unused ext. rails,leg set. I just can not part w. my BT but may sell the rails as I do have a 52" Biesmeyer system for the Unisaw and delta mobile base and put the Unifence on the 22124 and sell it.
                  Mail it to me 1st class. Put it in a big crate and use 1st class postage stamps for wrapping paper. I will E-Mail my address to you.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2003
                    • SoCal, USA

"Put it in a big crate "
                    It is still in the steel crate unused at about 300# sans fence, 2 CI wings, the postage would be really a lot, so if you want to buy it..
                    Andrew

Comment

Working...