• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRic
    • Jun 2004
    • West Central Ohio
    • bt3100

Borg 20 - 40% off Power Tools

Borg is advertising 20-40% off Power Tools . They list all the names in the add. Don't know what is all included. On line (which may vary from in store) is listing some of the bigger items on sale. For example the Ridgid Jointer is marked down from $399 to $319.20

Guess I still have some last minute Christmas shopping to do!!!
    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!
  • Hoover
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • USA.

I would imagine that Lowes would do the same. Must lock up credit cards.
    No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

The ad I received with my newspaper this morning said 20% to 40% off "selected" power tools, not all power tools.

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back
        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

... with "selected" often being an euphemism for "the oddball crap we've been trying to sell all year, without success."

Still, I'll go look; thx for the heads-up!
        Larry

Comment

• TheRic
          • Jun 2004
          • West Central Ohio
          • bt3100

Originally posted by Hoover
          I would imagine that Lowes would do the same. Must lock up credit cards.
          I've got a little over a grand I've been sitting on, waiting since June for a sale like this.

Originally posted by sweensdv
          The ad I received with my newspaper this morning said 20% to 40% off "selected" power tools, not all power tools.
          Yes, the sale is for "selected" power tools. Sorry about that, missed that word when I was typing it in. On line the jointer I'm eyeing is on sale, the planer, and a few other tools are not. Also noticed some things online were on sale for 10% off.

Definatly worth the 40 mile drive to find out what is / is not on sale! Only question is WHEN?
          Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Richard
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TheRic
            I've got a little over a grand I've been sitting on, waiting since June for a sale like this.

Yes, the sale is for "selected" power tools. Sorry about that, missed that word when I was typing it in. On line the jointer I'm eyeing is on sale, the planer, and a few other tools are not. Also noticed some things online were on sale for 10% off.

Definatly worth the 40 mile drive to find out what is / is not on sale! Only question is WHEN?
            I was at the Borg last night and as far as I am concerned it isn't worth the trip to check it out unless you are a Ryobi fan. I could not find a single tool that was worth buying even at 40% off.

This is just more of the standard HD sizzle but no steak. I think it will be spring before we see any significant deals.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Couple of good deals online at homedepot.com

Ridgid 6" ROS - $111.20
              Milwakuee 3.5 HP Router $220

The oscillating edge/belt sander says out of stock online. Anyone know if it is on sale in stores with this promotion?

Comment

• tsbrewers
                Established Member
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce

Ridgid 6" ROS - $111.20

The oscillating edge/belt sander says out of stock online. Anyone know if it is on sale in stores with this promotion?
                Not in the 3 or 4 I was in. I have been watching for a sale too.

Brew

Comment

• Cheeky
                  • Nov 2006
                  • westchester cty, new york
                  • Ridgid TS2400LS

I noticed the Milwaukee V28 4pc combo for $357 the other day. If I didn't already have one (which somehow I got on amazon for 290 something), I would have picked it up.
                  Pete

Comment

• Richard
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce

Ridgid 6" ROS - $111.20

The Milwaukee router is on sale for $190 at heavydutytools.net.

Might have to pay for shipping but you save the tax which is usually a wash.

Some Lowes were closing out the PC 6" ROS/Polisher for under $50 a month or ago.

Comment

• Cheeky
                      • Nov 2006
                      • westchester cty, new york
                      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by Richard
                      The Milwaukee router is on sale for $190 at heavydutytools.net.

Might have to pay for shipping but you save the tax which is usually a wash.

Some Lowes were closing out the PC 6" ROS/Polisher for under $50 a month or ago.
                      That router has been OOS since Black Fridayhttp://www.heavydutytools.net/Script...p?idproduct=99
                      Pete

Comment

• Richard
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Cheeky
                        That router has been OOS since Black Fridayhttp://www.heavydutytools.net/Script...p?idproduct=99
                        They got more in after BF. It may be that all of those are sold as well.

Comment

• cwsmith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                          • BT3100-1

I picked up two Ridgid combos this afternoon at the local HD. The X2 18V hammerdrill and 6-1/2 inch circular saw combo for $137. Consisted of the two tools, two max 18 v batteries, single-bay charger and tool bag. (The X2 18v hammer drill sells separately for $249!). I also purchased the Ridgid "Finish and Trim" combo for $118. It contains both the 16 g straight finish nailer and the 18 ga brad nailer, a 9.6 volt pivot screwdriver, battery, single-bay charger, and tool bag.

Three weeks ago I had purchased the Ridgid 18-ga brad nailer for $109. Hey, for the difference of only $9.00 the combo provided the addition of a finish nailer and the pivot screwdriver. So, I took back the brad nailer, got my card credited and picked up the trim combo... GREAT DEAL or what!

I have no idea how Home Depot can make any money like this, but I love these seasonal close-outs,

CWS
                          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• maxparot
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
                            • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Originally posted by cwsmith
                            I have no idea how Home Depot can make any money like this, but I love these seasonal close-outs,

CWS
                            Simple explaination is they are making a much larger profit when customers pay the higher prices.
                            Opinions are like gas;
                            I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• phrog
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2005
                              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Ridgid Jointer

Originally posted by TheRic
                              Borg is advertising 20-40% off Power Tools . They list all the names in the add. Don't know what is all included. On line (which may vary from in store) is listing some of the bigger items on sale. For example the Ridgid Jointer is marked down from $399 to $319.20

Guess I still have some last minute Christmas shopping to do!!!
                              That Ridgid Jointer is a great tool. Had mine about 3 years and love it. Go for it. The only deals I saw locally at HD were the DeWalt biscuit jointer had been marked down from $169 to $151 - not much of a markdown. A great deal on Mag-Lites at Lowes - the 4D which normally sells for over $20.00 is selling thru this weekend for $9.99.
                              Richard
                              Richard

Comment

Working...