• Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Superlative deals at HD

Milwaukee V28 4pc combo $397

Ridgid Nailer Combo (16g finisher, 18g brad & 9.6v screwdriver) $118.80 (hd item #162-499)

Ridgid Drill/Cordless Jig Saw or Drill/Cordless circ saw $137.40 (hd#198-922)

I can't post the pics of the 2nd and 3rd prices because I don't have a data link for my phone. If somebody has the capabilities to post them, I will be more than willing to send the pics. My phone died, so I wasn't able to take a pic of the Milwaukee price.

I've been going to HD too much lately
    Last edited by Cheeky; 12-16-2006, 06:11 PM.
    Pete
  • jwaterdawg
    • Aug 2005
    • Washington, NC USA
    • JET

Yep, saw the same deals here today too. Also drill/recip saw 18V combo (Ridgid) for 137. Just to add a note, the drill in question is a hammer drill model. Seems like good prices to me too, even though I resisted the temptation; I have too many drills as it is. How are the Ridgid nailers? Any good?

Other deals of note:

*Ryobi drill/impact driver combo w/ 2 batts and charger: $89

*Ridgid Router combo: $149 (I couldn't resist here; one can never have too many routers)
    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by jwaterdawg
      *Ridgid Router combo: $149 (I couldn't resist here; one can never have too many routers)
      Whoa, it's down to $149 now Fire that pup up and give us some feedback. If promising, I'm going to include that in my "go for broke" shopping spree using a 20% coupon my buddy gave me... Let me know if it's worth $120.

Any chance anybody eye-spyed the Ridgid spindle/belt sander? Still $199?

Thanks much,
      Greg

Comment

• jwaterdawg
        • Aug 2005
        • Washington, NC USA
        • JET

Yes, the Ridgid belt/spindle sander is still regular price. I actually had a similar thought when I saw all the Ridgid markdowns so I had checked it.

I did already fire it up just for kicks to see the LED's, which light up quite well. Unfortunately, I'm gonna be moving in a few days and will be without shopspace for probably a few months.

So, I wouldn't wait on my review, look here:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/rgdr2900rvu.html
        Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.

Comment

• lrr
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Fort Collins, Colorado
          • Ryobi BT-3100

How are the Ridgid nailers? Any good?
          I've got a Ridgid 15 ga. Full Head Framing Nailer -- really nice, and it came with a really nice bag, which I actually like better than the plastic cases. Lots of room for nails and other items.

I also own a Porter-Cable 18 ga. brad nailer, a Bostitch 18 ga. brad nailer, and a Craftsman stapler. I think if you buy quality air nailers and staplers, you'll be happy.

Steer clear of the Harbor Freight models, they jam!
          Lee

Comment

• lrr
            Established Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Fort Collins, Colorado
            • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by Stormbringer
            Whoa, it's down to $149 now Fire that pup up and give us some feedback. If promising, I'm going to include that in my "go for broke" shopping spree using a 20% coupon my buddy gave me... Let me know if it's worth $120.

Any chance anybody eye-spyed the Ridgid spindle/belt sander? Still $199?

Thanks much,
            Greg
            I paid $169 for the router combo -- still have not used it, I am in panic mode trying to finish Christmas presents and have not had time to mount the fixed base in my table. Still using the old Craftsman router.

I bought the oscillating spindle/belt sander just prior to getting the router. It a a great tool!

I'm happy with every Ridgid tool Ive bought, including jointer, miter saw, and new belt sander/pad sander combo. Their shop vacs are nice too, very quiet.

I do own other brands, but I've been on a real spending spree at HD over the past couple months, using those 10% off coupons.
            Last edited by lrr; 12-19-2006, 12:06 AM. Reason: typo
            Lee

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

My local HD (Corning, NY) now has the aisle placement marked as $199. I bought it about three weeks ago when it was marked $169 (plus I had a 10% coupon). I did have them check the Skew # today, hoping that a new price of $149, would allow me some credit under their 30-day price protection. It does show up at $169, but not lower. Too bad, I would have loved to have this at the $149 price. (With my 10% coupon, that would have meant $135!)

Merry Christmas,

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Jbridge337
                Established Member
                • Nov 2004
                • GA.

Yep, saw the same deals here today too. Also drill/recip saw 18V combo (Ridgid) for 137. Just to add a note, the drill in question is a hammer drill model. Seems like good prices to me too, even though I resisted the temptation; I have too many drills as it is. How are the Ridgid nailers? Any good?

Other deals of note:

*Ryobi drill/impact driver combo w/ 2 batts and charger: $89

anyone else find router combo for this price?

Comment

• Stormbringer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Floral Park, NY
                  • Bosch 4000

Tried to stop by three HD tonight to check on deals. All had handwritten signs on that oversized orange oak tag that they were closing at 7:00pm Sunday Dec 17 (today). Now, I'm all for early closings on Sunday but for the Borg to do it on the fly like this.....

Possibilities:

1) Employee Christmas Party? Little too early IMHO. Have to ask my buddy tomorrow.

or

2) Prepping store for major week before Christmas sale which will be advertised in tomorrows (monday) paper

C'mon number 2! You can do it.....

Greg

Comment

• mpc
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Cypress, CA, USA.
                    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Sat night a local Borg had signs up saying they were closing at 7:00PM for the employee party. And holiday foodstuff was already set out on tables a little after 6.

mpc

Comment

• Stormbringer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Floral Park, NY
                      • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by mpc
                      Sat night a local Borg had signs up saying they were closing at 7:00PM for the employee party. And holiday foodstuff was already set out on tables a little after 6.

mpc
                      Well, that answers that

Comment

Working...