• Jun 2006

WOOD MAGAZINE 2 Year Subscription - 14 Issues

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOOD-MAGAZINE-2-...QQcmdZViewItem
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Skip this (although it is a good offer if they come through) and just call Wood Magazine. Tell them your buddy got the postcard for three years for $24 and they will give it to you. This was a legit deal that many people got a while back, myself included (search for it). They seem to run it about once a year. Those that didn't get just called up and they were awarded it.

Greg

Found one of the several. The phone number is in the thread.
    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...=wood+magazine
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Jim Boyd
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Montgomery, Texas, USA.
      • Delta Unisaw

Originally posted by Stormbringer
      Skip this (although it is a good offer if they come through) and just call Wood Magazine. Tell them your buddy got the postcard for three years for $24 and they will give it to you. This was a legit deal that many people got a while back, myself included (search for it). They seem to run it about once a year. Those that didn't get just called up and they were awarded it.

Greg

Found one of the several. The phone number is in the thread.
      http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...=wood+magazine
      I've had good luck with mag subscriptions on ebay. Check the sellers feedback. Here is a 3yr Wood sub for $20.89.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/WOOD-MAGAZINE-3Y...QQcmdZViewItem
      Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©

Comment

• DaveW
        Established Member
        • Jul 2004
        • So Cal.

Originally posted by Jim Boyd
        I've had good luck with mag subscriptions on ebay. Check the sellers feedback. Here is a 3yr Wood sub for $20.89.
        Hi Jim,

No disrespect, but how do you determine what these ebay sellers do with your information? Or do they give you some referral code that you take to Wood Magazine to get the discounted rate?

The reason I ask is because, with the rampant issues of identity theft, is your personal data worth giving up for saving $3.11 over three years?

Again, no disrespect - just trying to raise awareness if nothing else.

Comment

• John Hunter
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
          • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by DaveW
          Hi Jim,

No disrespect, but how do you determine what these ebay sellers do with your information? Or do they give you some referral code that you take to Wood Magazine to get the discounted rate?

The reason I ask is because, with the rampant issues of identity theft, is your personal data worth giving up for saving $3.11 over three years?

Again, no disrespect - just trying to raise awareness if nothing else.
          No problems at all. They only have your name and mailing address the same as the magazine company does and we all know they sell that info. Such information could be gotten out of any phone book.
          John Hunter

Comment

• michael.scheller
            Established Member
            • Nov 2006
            • Indiana --> Texas
            • BT3100

Magazines don't have my name and address

When I buy subscriptions, I go to Amazon.com and give a gift to Jim-Bob MaGillicuddy who happens to live at the same address as I. Since Jim-Bob doesn't have a phone number in my town I stopped getting telemarketer calls. No problems whatsoever with getting my magazines delivered. I do the same thing with online requests for catalogs.
            Mike Scheller
            We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution.
            -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy Inaugural address

Comment

Working...