X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitedogone
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2006

14.4 volt cordless drill $9.99 Free shipping on $25.00

OK it's not even close to top of the line. But for 10 bucks? Free shipping on orders over $25. For $30 bucks you clould have one close at hand in the shop.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HDMU9E/...m&linkCode=as1
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

It's got a ways to go to climb up to the bottom of the line. I like the part where they say the charger is a 3-5 hour charger. Don't they know how long it takes to charge the battery?

Cheap yes, a bargin?????? I think not.

Comment

• jackellis
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

I picked up two Skil 12V drills at HD on Black Friday for $30 apiece. I figure they're cheaper this way than buying batteries for my old Makitas.

Comment

• Al Garay
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2003
        • Seattle, WA, USA.

By the way, I just got the Makita LXT202 18V Litium Ion set (Thanks to Mark at HDT). It took about 20 minutes to fully charge the battery. Yes, $240 for the set is a big difference up front but not over the long term.

Comment

• lrr
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Fort Collins, Colorado
          • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by whitedogone
          OK it's not even close to top of the line. But for 10 bucks? Free shipping on orders over $25. For $30 bucks you clould have one close at hand in the shop.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HDMU9E/...m&linkCode=as1
          As Robert Heinlein used to say "TANSTAAFL" -- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch ...

I may be wrong, but I doubt this is much different than the $10 14.4V drill I bought a few years ago at Harbor Freight. I could stop it with a firm grip, and the battery ran down fast, and took many hours to charge. I gave mine to my sister-in-law!

Life is too short to suffer cheap tools -- I now stay clear of deals that look to good to be true. The Makita cordless dril I bought in 1989 finally needed a new battery this year. I bought one for $30 at Home Depot. Now that has been a terrific tool, and although I paid something like $139.95, it has been a real workhorse. I suspect I'll need another battery for it in 2023 ...

Lee

Comment

Working...