• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Half Price at Hogan's in Austin

I was at Hogan's in Austin today and everything in the store is 1/2 off, including glues, stains, finishes and all wood.

Paxton sold out a few years ago. One company bought the northern stores and kept the Paxton name. The southern stores were bought by jeld-Wen and then sold to Hogan's Hardwoods.

The 3 texas stores and the one in Oklahoma city are being sold to the company that bought the northern stores and they are clearing all stock in the Austin store. Don't know if it applies to the other 3 stores or not.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • sailtravis
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2005
    • Wimberley, Texas
    • BT-3100

Thanks Pappy. I'll swing by there at lunchtime today. I was just about to go to Austin Hardwoods to get some cherry when I saw your post.
    Rusty

Comment

• Richard
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by sailtravis
      Thanks Pappy. I'll swing by there at lunchtime today. I was just about to go to Austin Hardwoods to get some cherry when I saw your post.
      let me know what they have left.

Comment

• sailtravis
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2005
        • Wimberley, Texas
        • BT-3100

Earlier this afternoon there was some of just about all their usual 'in store' woods. The cherry was picked thru pretty good, so I ended up with about 7.7 bf of birdseye maple and 17.8 bf of white oak at $4.00 and $1.68 per bf, respectively. Currently, the 50% off only applies to in store items and not those in the warehouse. They said they still have more stock in the warehouse, but that isn't included in the sale. I wonder if some of that will be brought out later? Any ideas on that Pappy? The also still had a pretty good selection of Whiteside bits.

I wouldn't wait too long as they were pretty busy while I was there and the word seems to be getting out.
        Rusty

Comment

Working...