• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JackAZ
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2004
    • Tucson, AZ, USA.

Bosch 10.8v Lithium pocket driver

Just got an E-flyer from CPO Bosch with free shipping on most items and this pocket driver caught my eye:

http://www.cpotools.com/drills/lithe...=nl20061205FP1

Seems to fit a gap in my tools arsenal. Anybody have any experience/knowledge of the item?
    Jack
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I don't know if it's a different package for that tool, but lowes has that driver for $120 regular price.

Comment

• JackAZ
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2004
      • Tucson, AZ, USA.

Bosch 10.8v Lithium pocket driver

Originally posted by BigguyZ
      I don't know if it's a different package for that tool, but lowes has that driver for $120 regular price.
      Thanks BIGGUYZ. I was mistakenly thinking "Impact Driver", but I notice on Lowe's site they cll it a drill, (@ $129 and change). The Bosch site refers to it as a driver, and note thjat it has an award from a building trades org, but I don't believe it rises to the utility of an impact driver. I don't suppose 10.8v is enough for that, although I notice there are some 12v impact drivers.

Thanks for the heads-up.
      Jack

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by JackAZ
        Anybody have any experience/knowledge of the item?
        That looks like the one I've had for about a year now. Great little tool for fitting cabinets, doors, etc. The LED light seems a bit of a gimmick, but it's actually very useful, especially for those screws right at the upper back of a 3'3" corner base unit.

Plenty of power for the size. Because it's Lithium, the power doesn't gradually decay - one minute it's there, then it ain't! Still, with two batteries and a quick charger, no problem. Great little case, even has a built-in hook so that I can hang it on the safety cage of my panel van. Mine came with a little holster, but that's crap.

The only thing I don't like in operation is that it's not braked, so it will run on. This is only a concern with light work, fine screws, etc. Even in the video demo of the variable speed trigger, the guy's got his finger hovering ready to stop run-on. If it were braked it'd be perfect.

Edit - it's definitely NOT an impact driver!

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

Working...