X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessrice
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006

I got a cancelled order for a 6 piece dewalt set i forgot i ordered back in October today as well. I checked wiht my CC company and they said there wasnt ever an attempted purchase for that amount, so i know it wasnt declined.

Perhaps he is having trouble with his CC processor and is cancelling orders thay arent finished fast enough, although a month would seem plenty long in my case.

Oh well, i guess if i forgot i ordered it i really didnt need it to begin with, but that doesnt help you guys that got cancelled.

Maybe he will check in like he normally does and get back with us,

Jesse

Comment

• heavydutytools
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2006

Hello jessrice Your order was never finalized and forwarded to Authorize.net. We cancelled pending orders yesterday after they sat pending for a couple of hours - some were declines,some were unfinalized , some were avs mismatches. I do not think I mentioned it over here , but over on Woodnet I had mentioned we would cancel pending orders in short order to give more people a chance. The way our cart is set up , a pending order ties up stock for as long as it shows pending.

Comment

• Ishmel
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2005
        • St. Cloud, MN.

Hey Mike,

Is it safe to assume the same for my order as well? I entered my CC information and got an order pending email. For the future, how do I "finalize" an order? Is there something to do after entering the cc info?

Thanks Mike.

Comment

• heavydutytools
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Ishmel
          Hey Mike,

Is it safe to assume the same for my order as well? I entered my CC information and got an order pending email. For the future, how do I "finalize" an order? Is there something to do after entering the cc info?

Thanks Mike.
          At least 1/2 the orders that were cancelled were due to credit card declines. Many of these were due to address verification mismatches , a couple of wrong digits will flag the order. An order is finalized when payment is submitted and we get confirmation from Authorize.net that the order is "paid" . This generally happens in a minute or less. When the status of your order is automagically updated to "paid" from the card processor , you will get the same type of mail that would happen if you got a cancelled email. We generally wait a couple of weeks or more before cancelling pending orders because the customer can resubmit payment if they would like. Yesterday , we were inundated with pending orders - 176 I think - it was clogging up everything. We do not cancel orders for the sake of it

Comment

Working...