Clear All
  • kramer katt
    Established Member
    • Aug 2004
    • SO CAL, USA
    • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

Black Friday Deals Sears online on Thursday

got email this AM about deals for friday to be avail online on turkey day
    might be great on some bench tools ordered as pick up in store to save shipping
    kk
    more details on sears website
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
    --Albert Einstein
  • BillMPL
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • Ontonagon, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

I couldn't find anything on their website. Do you have a link?

Bill

Comment

• Stormbringer
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Floral Park, NY
      • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by BillMPL
      I couldn't find anything on their website. Do you have a link?

Bill
      This was the image included in the email

Greg

CLICK TO ENLARGE
      Attached Files

Comment

• AndyF
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2003
        • Victoria, Texas, USA.

the 3100 clone is on sale for $359 today.

Comment

• gwyneth
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Bayfield Co., WI

That price appears to be good through 11/25, PLUS it looks as if there is an extra 10% off tomorrow between 7 a.m. and noon.

I checked the Sears site a couple of times yesterday, and it was regularly priced.

Today, I clicked on the email that arrived yesterday afternoon, to see it on sale. The fine print on the email indicated that sale prices are good through tomorrow night, and that everything in several departments, including tools, will get the extra 10% off sale prices in the morning.

Plus, the shipping rebate is in effect (for people who live too far from a Sears to make pickup practical, or for those whose local Sears agent is not considered a pickup point for online orders).

I printed out the email and the ad so I can argue the point if I have to--the Sears site has been changing sales prices and conditions all week.

Well. I just spent a very frustrating hour on the phone with the customer service for sears.com. The 'shop all day Friday' link in the email led, eventually, to a list of the 17 table saws Sears offer. The sale price for all of them was shown. But when I clicked on the link for the 21829, it showed the regular price.

After nearly half an hour on the phone, and talking to her supervisor twice, the customer service rep agreed that if I ordered it through her, they could issue a refund for the difference. Then we spend another half hour discussing 'delivery' and 'shipping' options. Despite the link for shipping rebate posted next to the saw in the list, she maintained that it couldn't be shipped.

Since our local Sears doesn't handle pickups for sears.com, and she kept saying it was a delivery-only option, we eventually stalemated. She said if I called our local Sears and explained everything they might or might not do the same price. She consulted her supervisor and reported that they couldn't issue me a letter about the 'refund the difference'. She said if I called back and explained the whole thing (again) whoever I talked to might do the 'refund the difference'.

So, confusing and misleading 'sale' conditions; little connection between sears.com and sears catalog; no way to actually adjust the price, just offer a refund; apparently meaningless shipping rebate offers (the 'rebate details' link was NOT posted next to all the saws, as I tried to point out, and it's an obnoxious way to offer free shipping, anyway); and general 'blame the customer' for not understanding things.

Of course, by the time we finished our local Sears had been closed for five minutes.

I'm going to check the email links for the 10 per cent 'sale' tomorrow morning and see what it says. But with it going on sale through the Craftsman Club next week for the same price, there's a fair chance our local Sears dealer will probably look at my print outs and give me a break.
          Last edited by gwyneth; 11-24-2006, 07:17 PM. Reason: updated conditions

Comment

• Stormbringer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Floral Park, NY
            • Bosch 4000

Gwyneth,

I feel your pain. As of right now (3:3oam EST.) Sears pricing one th website is going bonkers.

IE. 12" Bandsaw.
            When displayed when listed with all bandsaws (resulting from a search for "bandsaw") it shows a price of $239.

When you click it for more info it reverts back to $299.

When you add it to your cart (without shipping or tax btw) it shows at $269.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stormbringer; 11-25-2006, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• TheRic
              • Jun 2004
              • West Central Ohio
              • bt3100

Looks like K-Mart is fully integrated into sears.
              Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• gwyneth
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Bayfield Co., WI

Much of the almost fruitless discussion I had with the sears.com customer service rep concerned that very list issue. I kept trying to explain it, and she kept saying that if I was following the morning link in the email...

Then I kept saying, no I was pressing the "shop all day" link...

That first part was bad enough...but they did concede the "refund the difference" bit, which is an obnoxious and unreliable way to adjust the price.

What was really frustrating was the second part of the discussion, with the ship v. delivery issue. Today I noticed that while they might not "deliver" that saw to my zip code, right next to that product specific text is an option for removing my old appliance for ten bucks. I guess it's a good thing I didn't notice that yesterday or the phone call would have lasted three hours.

They clearly offer a shipping rebate on that saw, which they don't on all of the saws (she tried to say that naturally, it didn't apply to some of the items and I tried to say that it didn't show up next to some of the items).

One of the things that was most annoying was they could offer no way for me to use the "refund the difference" option without going through the phone person right then--she couldn't send me a letter or even leave a note with the "supervisor" or provide a way for me to call her back Monday.

So Monday I'll call the Craftsman Club 800 number and see if they've still got me listed from eight or nine addresses ago, then throw myself on the mercy of our local Sears dealer.

Not all the problems are the result of the K-Mart association. Almost 15 years ago, I saw an Apple /// for sale in a Sears outlet in Florida. Even then it had been out of production for almost a decade, but I bought it because I still had some old /// stuff. The tag warned "Absolutely no support, warranty, or repairs"....three weeks later somebody from Sears called to try to sell me a repair and maintenance contract.

Comment

Working...