• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccourt
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2003
    • SC, USA.

Century 100 AMP wire feed welder

Lowes had a Century 100 AMp wire feed welder on clearance 1/2 of the regular price of $369 and half of that $92.50 in Columbia,SC. While that 's great price can you actually do much with it? If anyone knows m let me know.
    Thanks, ccourt
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I am guessing that is a flux core welder. I have a Cambell Hausfield that is probably very similar. It is a decent home welder for light steel applications. Not good enough for working with sheet metal, though. You need a gas shielded rig for that type of work.

This was framed with 14ga square tubing with my welder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	779882

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	779881

Biggest problem I had was waiting for it to cool down and recycle. It tends to over heat and shut down if you try to use it too long at a time.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • SoCal, USA
      • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

That is a bargain. I checked and Lowes here does not even carry that brand, but it is near Lincoln in quality.
      HF does not even sell them at that price.
      You can preheat the metal w. a torch to help w. shutdown cycles,and get better welds and I also added a box computer case type fan to cool down the inside (Northern tools)temp on my made in Italy HF MIG131. [Now HF manuf. them in China and the quality is not as good.]
      Most more expensive MIG cases have fans,ther was an empty spot on my case for such a fan(looks like a computer case back). I wired it off the power input so it runs when the unit is plugged in.
      Pappy, you may want to try that on you unit. I use a MAPP torch for preheat.
      I have yet to have a shutdown. I also soldered all the wires to their crimp connectors inside and on the leads at the lug ends for better connections.
      Andrew

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Geez, Don, is there anything you don't have a hand or at least a finger in? Pretty darn nice trailer. BTW, were't you looking into a construction company's job site trailer for a new shop? If so, anything up with that?
        Later,
        Chiz
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

Working...