• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctxman
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2004
    • Thousand Oaks.

Craftsman Router Quick Bit Connects

I was in our Osh store and noticed several yellow tag reduced items. Once thing that caught my attention is that they are selling router quick bit connectors. It appears they are only for Craftsman or some Porter Cable routers. But they had a kit that included the adapter and 4 bit connectors reduced from $29 to $6.88. They also sold the individual adapter and individual router connectors for something like 4 for $1.88. These were all very reduced so they probably are not going to sell them anymore. These allow you to mount your half inch bits permanently to quick connector and be able to change bits without tools. I think they are also meant to be able to use the 1/2" router bits in your router that normally only allows 1/4" bits. If you have a Craftsman router you might want to check it out.

John
  • vaking
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2005
    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

I have this adapter and I posted something about it here awhile back. Adapters exist for old style Crfatsman routers, new style, 1/4" collet craftsman routers and P-C routers - 4 different styles of adapters. The inserts are interchangeable for all. It does allow you to use 1/2" bits in router with 1/4" collett only but I would not recommend it - the router did not get any stronger from the new adapter. The main advantage of this gizmo is that it allows you to put the bit in or take it out in a second without tools and you don't loose any settings if you take the bit out and then return. My Craftsman router sits in the accessory table as my secondary table and it is used almost exclusively for roundovers and chamfers. Those operations do not need fence, I have several bits (1/2"RO, 1/4" RO, 1/8" RO, Chamfer) all setup with inserts that go into quick-connect adapters and all setup that they fit on a router with the same height adjustment. As a result I never have to touch adjustments on a router and it is always ready for RO job in a second with any of the bits mentioned. Accessory table is close to the blade but if you can pull the bit out in a second - that does not bother. Convinient thing for a secondary table router.
    Alex V

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

thanks guys.....would either of you have a sears item number?
      Pete

Comment

• ctxman
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2004
        • Thousand Oaks.

Cheeky,

I think it was this one http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

and this one http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

and this one
        http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

They also had the individual piece, both the main adapter and the router bit adapters, all for around $2. The difference was that one kit was for older style Craftsman routers, and the other was for newer Craftsman routers. And the other I think adapted 1/2" to 1/4", but I could be wrong about that. They lots of these at my Osh store.

John

Comment

Working...